Thrunite 2CV2 not functioning after mulitple drops

Lachiepower0402

Newly Enlightened
So I'm a mechanic and I use this torch to look in engine bay, I keep the torch in my top overalls pocket, because if it is in my lower pocket, it managed to turn on it self. But the problem with it being in the top pocket is that I keep forgetting I put it in their and leaning over and then it drops about 1.6m to the ground. Which it did multiple times.

After it dropped the first time it worked, but after several drops later is stopped working and then worked again. But I left it on the table and went out and when I came back to the use it, it no longer functioned. I went through the basic trouble shooting guide on the general discussion and I was unable to get it working. But I did not try to look for broken connections as I don't know what I am looking for, which I suspect is the problem (stuffed driver?) I also tried all three other spare 18650 batteries and that made no difference. So what should I look for in terms of driver problems and how do I dismantle the driver.

Or do I just buy a new torch or a new driver and replace the driver?

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not see how their customer service and warranty is? Hopefully you have spare lights to use in the meantime.

lighten-the-darkness

Newly Enlightened
I had a problem with the ti3 and they shipped out a new one no questions asked. I can personally attest to their excellent customer service

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need a tougher flashlight! Some of the Armytek lights are rated for a 10m drop.

Lachiepower0402

Newly Enlightened
You need a tougher flashlight! Some of the Armytek lights are rated for a 10m drop.

I agree with you completely! That's why I have a M@g, but M@g's are not very bright lights at all, even the new M@gs. I use my M@g as a hammer to put in tent pegs. Can the Armytek do that? Not that I need that function!

Now back on track, if I don't get a reply within the next week from Thrunite, I might consider getting a new flashlight and the Armytek have taken my fancy, from looking at the other topic related to best flashlights for drops. I will have a look at the Armytek flashlights on their website and see I what I like.

Lachiepower0402

Newly Enlightened
About a week ago, Thrunite replied to me and told me that I could send the torch to them and they would repair it, not stating if their was any costs involved or why they couldn't just give me a new one, but they wanted me to send the torch to China from Australia which would cost me an arm and a leg, so I asked them if I could send it in for repair somewhere in Australia and they told me to be patient while they check if I can send it to an Australian address and when they know of somewhere, they will reply to my email.

I am considering in asking them if I can just get a replacement, but I feel like they have been generous enough already by looking for an address in Australia and not just telling me to send it to China or don't get it repaired.