• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Superbulb for Maglite 1000-2500+ lumen!! Cree XHP-50 or XML2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

First and second run here

Whats new in 3.0
- Higher than ever output
- Cree XML2 U4 bin emitter
- New lower price!!

1000+ lumen XML2 Bulb
3 D cell or one li-ion
For use with larger lights such as 4-6 cell "Dummy cells" can also be purchased here.

2500+ lumen XHP-50 Bulb

6 D cell or 2 li-ion

Driver Modes
Low, Medium, High, With memory

Here is a clip from the original thread if you have not seen this before.

If your reading this thread then like me you appreciate the fine looks and good quality of a Maglite host. Maglites are some of the most durable and brightly colored hosts on earth.

That said most of you know there is room for some improvement in the out put area. The world is not short of "upgrades" for maglite, but many of these have a disappointing output, can require significant modification to the mag host, require special batteries, and many cost several hundred dollars :mad:.

Today Adventure Sport Flashlights™ recognizes these issues and has answered the call to create something better.

The Adventure Sport Super Bulb™ drop-in addresses all of these issues. This piece of technology was countless hours in development, but worth every moment.

These bulbs are a perfect fit for D cell maglites, and use requires no modification of the light, special skills or any tools. It takes any 3 or 6 D cell Mag ( with D in the serial number) and transforms it into a wall of fire in less than 60 seconds.

Furthermore because of its ease of use this bulb transcends the boundaries and walls of typical flashaholic use. Its an exceptional choice for family and friends with no in depth knowledge of traditional super lights. To further encompass all of our fellow man in the thrill of bleeding edge technology, best of all the Adventure Sport Super Bulb™ requires NO SPECIAL BATTERIES OR CHARGERS!!

Yes, of course NIMH cells are going to be more cost effective and drive the bulb better, but the point is you can still use alkalines if you really want to :)

Optional "C" expansion ring

Control shot of 2 D incandescent Maglite

XML2 Superbulb™

XHP-50 Superbulb™

Side by side shot for beam profile

Here is the 60 second install.
http://youtu.be/7mxFSUOaFPU

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE HERE
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-FS-5-000-lumen-Dropin-for-Maglite&highlight=

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Superbulb for Maglite 1000-1500+ lumen!! Cree XHP-50 or XML2

Hi dc,

Yes, there are modes. High, Med, Low, no memory. The driver can use from 3-6 D cells or 1-2 li-ion for the XML2 bulb. Current to the emitter is 3.7A so you would probly see around 2 amps at the tail with your 2 li-ion.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher

Hi dc,

Yes, there are modes. High, Med, Low, no memory. The driver can use from 3-6 D cells or 1-2 li-ion for the XML2 bulb. Current to the emitter is 3.7A so you would probly see around 2 amps at the tail with your 2 li-ion.

In that case...how long would it be to make one up? Im in for an xml2!

357mag1

Enlightened

Matt,

I'm ready to try an XHP-50 version.
Let me know how you want your funds (check or paypal).

Thanks,
Scott.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

In that case...how long would it be to make one up? Im in for an xml2!

I have a pair of the XML2 bulbs already made up, and one of the XHP50 as well, so these are ready to ship. I will have to get some more drivers in for the full batch but other wise we are ready to go...

Matt,

I'm ready to try an XHP-50 version.
Let me know how you want your funds (check or paypal).

Thanks,
Scott.

What ever works best for you is fine with me Scott.

Thanks again

bartko09

Enlightened

I'm in for an XML2, Vesture. Add up the cost+shipping and paypal it to you, put XML and address in the comment section and we're good to go? This is awesome, man! Good stuff!!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in for an XML2, Vesture. Add up the cost+shipping and paypal it to you, put XML and address in the comment section and we're good to go? This is awesome, man! Good stuff!!

Welcome to CPF :) And yes, that is correct.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dang.....you are practically giving these away!!!!

How the heck do you get such a nice beam...:twothumbs

great job!
bigC

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast

Could these be over driven slightly with 10-11 Ni-mh cells?

And is it possible to get your other drivers for this?

Last edited:

357mag1

Enlightened

I have a pair of the XML2 bulbs already made up, and one of the XHP50 as well, so these are ready to ship. I will have to get some more drivers in for the full batch but other wise we are ready to go...

What ever works best for you is fine with me Scott.

Thanks again

Matt,

I went the paypal route and sent you payment for the 1500 lumen XHP-50 Bulb version.

Still enjoying the Maglite shorty you made for me and look forward to this as well.

Scott.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Could these be over driven slightly with 10-11 Ni-mh cells?

And is it possible to get your other drivers for this?

Hey KuanR,

I assume we are talking about the XHP-50 version? It MAY be possible, to squeek by with a tenth cell, I actually have no tried it, but if it did work, the emitter would not be driven any harder. This new circuit is a true buck driver.

I think I probly could make either the other driver fit giving you the flexibility with modes. It would mean though that it was a dedicated 6 nimh or 2 li-ion since the other board is linear.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take a XML version if still available

jaybiz32

Enlightened

Can you tell me a bit more about the xhp led. Is it more floody or spot compared to say xml. Is it a multi die LED? Can you run it i a 4D or does it need 6 Cells if using NIMH or alkaline?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take a XML version if still available
Hey tx101,

Yes they are available. This will be a full time product.

Can you tell me a bit more about the xhp led. Is it more floody or spot compared to say xml. Is it a multi die LED? Can you run it i a 4D or does it need 6 Cells if using NIMH or alkaline?

Good to see you around jaybiz. I'd be glad to explain. Yes, the XHP does offer a slightly wider beam than the XML, but I would not classify it as "floody". It does still have a hot spot, just a larger one, and super bright spill. You really do need to have 6 cells with this. The XHP-50 is a 6V emitter. 5 might power it up, but it would take at least 6 to get the full power.

MMD

Enlightened

Matt, How much current does the stock switch see? Is it up to the task or would it benefit from an electronic switch? How about alkaline cells? I do not know the C rating of a D cell. Would they be running in a safe range? I assume that the stock host is good to go but I was just hoping for any additional info you may have.

What tints/bins are you offering?

I am interested in the sport UI and/or others as well. A 1%/100% off time no memory would be great.

I will go check the run 1/2 threads to see if I missed anything.

Thanks, Mason

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Mason,

Current accross the switch is no issue. The max it would ever see is 3.7A. With extra cells to increase voltage this number will drop from there. Even at 8 amp the mag switch would be fine. An E switch will not work with this set up anyway.

The bin of the XML2s right now is U3 1A and the XHP-50 is J4 2B.

MMD

Enlightened

Thanks Matt. This makes me want to pick up a 6-D Mag. I may have to hold off for some of the NW tints if those are planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.