PFlexpro drop in

Strintguy

Enlightened
Hi all, after a couple years here, I just heard about Pflexpro drop ins. I have never seen them mentioned with Malkoff, Nailbender, Vinh etc. I've never seen any for sale in the marketplace. Insight anyone please?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
they look identical to "potted" drop ins on ebay, they may even be one and the same.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard of them for the first time last week. I received a 3 amp XP-L V6-3D with smooth reflector a couple days ago. I consider the body and potting to be above Vinh and Nailbender quality, but inferior to premium brands.

The beam with XP-L in smooth reflector is a mixed bag. The hot spot is very well defined and there are no rings or artifacts at all. There is significant tint shift from spot to corona to spill.

In two C2s and 2 6Ps, it left a significant and unacceptable gap between Z44 and body. I took a file to the drop-in and was able to remove enough material to get it to a nearly acceptable level, then remembered that the Cryos bezel I planned to use has an extended shroud to hide the gap.

It throws quite well, nearly matching the lux of an Elzetta Charlie with AVS head.

I have 12 gauge 2 3/4" slug testing to perform, so I'll take the opportunity to beat on it some, and can report if if it doesn't survive.

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
In two C2s and 2 6Ps, it left a significant and unacceptable gap between Z44 and body. I took a file to the drop-in and was able to remove enough material to get it to a nearly acceptable level, then remembered that the Cryos bezel I planned to use has an extended shroud to hide the gap.

The shape of then looked like the Vinz drop-in "for solar-force" that I have - straighter body. Thanks for the comments on it.

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several and they have a ton of power, great beam and you can let them get real hot....

markr6

Flashaholic
I didn't see the dropins yet. But today I just recieved my PFlexPro Convoy M1 with XP-L V6-3D. Very nice!! The tint reminds me of the 5000K Luxeon in the SC62d, but it's been awhile since I had that light.

Quality work here. I can't wait to try it with an IMR cell. I'll have to wait a couple days for that, though.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Interesting read about these P60's? Their web site is pretty good and their build techniques certainly appear to be considered decent by many who build custom modules . However where I part company with those very same build techniques is where they state "MCPCB is copper for better heat transfer and mounted with thermally conductive silicone". If I went to the trouble of using Stycast for potting (not the cheapest material that can do that job) I'd use direct bonding or something else for conducting heat to the pill. Fujick suffices quite well for potting and if their using it for bonding the MCPCB than why not for potting?

On the other hand maybe the drivers they are using are susceptible to capacitance issues and Stycast doe not add any?

Last edited:

Kudzu

Newly Enlightened
Just received one of these pre-installed in an L2P host, and I love it. I went with a Nichia 219B. It's both my first Nichia and first P60 setup, so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but I'm enormously impressed with the customer service I received even before I ordered. We swapped half a dozen emails while I was trying to figure out what I wanted, and Randy at PFlexPro put in some extra labor to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. I ended up with a 411-lumen high, a 0.8-lumen moonlight, and very nicely spaced modes in between.

Along with the package I got my output graph, some extra copper wrapping, a set of spare contacts, a sample of the potting material and one of the plastic dowels he uses to remove drop-ins. The attention to detail all around is really impressive.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
Giving this thread a bump for another :thumbsup: for PFlexpro. I got one of the XP-L neutral drop ins and it is excellent and well worth the price, IMO. The tint is fantastic, and I'm really liking the smooth hybrid reflector. It looks to be very well made, and I was able to get a very snug fit in the host using the included copper strip and string. This is a good thing, as this baby is pumping 1250 lumens out of a P60 drop in. :rock:

nivek666

Newly Enlightened
it seems they don't ship out to any place except US. Just drop them an email. Hope the response is positive.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Giving this thread a bump for another[emoji106]for PFlexpro. I got one of the XP-L neutral drop ins and it is excellent and well worth the price, IMO. The tint is fantastic, and I'm really liking the smooth hybrid reflector. It looks to be very well made, and I was able to get a very snug fit in the host using the included copper strip and string. This is a good thing, as this baby is pumping 1250 lumens out of a P60 drop in. :rock:
I agree Randy does some simply amazing work and such a pleasure to deal with.:thumbsup:

nivek666

Newly Enlightened
Received email from Randy. He does ship overseas. He took the trouble to explain the different throw of the heads as well. Great service.