Sony MD Problems

JOshooter

Enlightened
I've had my Sony MD player for a little under a year now. I use Real One Player to record to it and have just recently discovered some new problems. When trying to place a track onto a MiniDisc the player will "selectively record", it will record either the first half of the track, the last half, or (rarely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif) the whole track. Has anyone else experiences this or a similar problem with theirs? And if so, what did you do to fix it? I am also open to ideas on what I can do. I'm aware that there is customer service number to call, but I would like to see if there is a fix I can do to it without sending it off for repairs.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one, and the only problems I've had recording is when the battery is low. Try putting a new AA in there and see what happens.

--dan

JOshooter

Enlightened
Should that really matter, when I record to it I always hook it up to the A/C adapter that came with it. Just tried another brand new MiniDisc today and had the same problem.

jtice

Flashaholic
Hmm i donno, I have never had a problem with mine at all.
Especially something like this, very odd. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

bummer man

Stefan

Enlightened
What brand of minidisc, and what version of Real Player do you have? This could help, as I am having problems with my NetMD MZ-N505 minidisc as well. Also note that customer service will not help with software they didn't design for the player.