Good lights for giveaways?

rpm00

Enlightened
I'd like to stick up on maybe 5 lights for giveaways in case of a big outage in the area, so I would have something to give my neighbours. Certainly want inexpensive as possible but not garbage. So not thinking of those 9x5mm cheap lights but something a little more decent that runs on AA and is really easy for a non-flashoholic. Max $20

A few I'm considering...
- Rayovac indestructible. Might be a good choice. Max budget though.
- fenix e01. Too dim...
- L10C... Too complex, too many modes

Any other thoughts?

Poppy

Flashaholic
If you want to stay with AA lights, I think that the Rayovac 2AA indestructible is a good choice.
IIRC if you turn it on and tail stand it, it will run for about 7 hours on a pair of duraloops.

It's regulation gradually (over about 30 minute periods) dims the light, I guess to achieve longer run-times, but you can cycle it back up to high every once in a while if you want to. In doing so, I got about 5 hours on a pair of duraloops. IMO for the price it is tough to beat.

Beckler

Enlightened
When I was recently asking here for a simple to use light for an older person with memory problems, this is the closest I could find:

http://www.energizer.com/flashlights-lighting/professional-flashlights

I didn't want to get into department store junk but had no choice. It works pretty well but still, it's cheap, flexible plastic trash. :D

Anyway I think it makes no sense that with the dozens of good-quality flashlight companies around, not one seems to make a model specifically designed for use by disabled (in one way or another) people or those with zero interest or knowledge of flashlights or how they work. Ridiculous. If such a model does exist, I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have picked up the Rayovacs on sale at Home Depot for $3.99 after Christmas. Killer giveaway except for the CR123 part. I would likely try and stick to AA or AAA lights.

Off hand, I am thinking maybe Banggood
UltraFire Cree AA $3.45 or the zoom model for a few extra pennies. Either way, sure to impress a flashlight square.
I like the Nightfighter Angle head light for $12.79