Best price on 123a on amazon.

tritan

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for the best batteries on amazon for cr123a. I have a streamlight vantage helmet light and wonder if I need to stick with streamlight batteries or any 123A will work just as good. I was looking at Tenergy brand, surefire, streamlight ,energizer, and Durcell ultra. Any suggestions for the best price vs runtime ? Recommendations?

thanks.

Whiskers

Newly Enlightened

CR123 cheapies scare me because they can get very angry very quickly and explode in a big ball of rage train. Especially if you ask them to climb inside a flashlight casing and touch each others butt. The weakest one spazzes out first and then they all follow suite turning your flashlight into a flashbang. That said I've always been happy with the Panasonic brand and feel confident enough to store them enmasse in a small plastic box under my bed. On the wife's side. Just in case.

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't bought any CR123 cells in several years since I switched to rechargeables. That said, the last CR123 shoot out, Titanium Innovations placed very well in relation to other first tier cells. Amazon sells them 12 for $15, and progressively getting cheaper as the quantity goes up. Fifty for $54, and 144 for $144. If you keep checking, Amazon will also sometimes have Surefire or Streamlight at under $2 each prices as well.

1DaveN

Enlightened
I get Surefire CR123A's from Amazon and I've been happy with those. My boss uses Streamlights from Amazon, and he's been happy as well. I wouldn't be surprised if all the made-in-US cells are the same.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery Station CR123As are probably your best bet and they're USA sourced Panasonic cells, just like SF, SL, some Rayovacs, Duracell, Energizer and Panasonic offerings.

Chris