Flashlight Games!

MMD

Enlightened
I know of a couple games involving flashlights. That said I stumbled on to a new one today. I was performing the ritual of lining up a collection of about twenty lights when my wife grabs one while I wasn't looking. I noticed something was wrong and figured out which light was gone. I figured out she was messing with me and after I described the light in detail she gave it back. Her theory was that I have too many lights if I cannot realize one is missing. Fair enough, I described it in detail though :p. I guess that means I need more lights:nana:

So the game is this - line up all or part of your collection. Close your eyes and have your opponent remove one light and then re-arrange the lights. If You guess it in 20 seconds you win that light. If not, the opponent wins it. See who has the most at the end. A true flashoholic will have them all. I lost 3 doh! There are obviously some variations here but it was actually quite fun for both of us.

So then, if you know of a game that involves flashlights share it with us.

Last edited:

Chay

Newly Enlightened
Those with a collection of flashlights, one person uses one of the flashlights and shines a beam, the other guesses which light it is... Could be a game! :poke:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I was out in the darkness with a dummy M16 with a really bad incan Dx2 light hooked to it with elastic. I was out there with several people I'd been with recently.

The game was to shine the light upon someone who was supposedly going to win. The prize for winning was a laser pointer.

The problem? Well, I was lying in a mud puddle with water infiltrating my boots. I'd scooped away some of the sand and mud. I'd even placed a piece of "bait."

I saw my target. I clicked the light. The light worked. The batteries were not dead. The target contested that I did not win. I couldn't believe it. As he complained, I clicked the light onto him several times. You know, just to make it clear that I won.

Nope. He sat there whining and complaining. I did not get my laser pointer.

WORST. CPF. GAME. EVER.

If someone can sit there and deny that you are shining a light on them while you're doing it to their face, then this is not a real contest or sport. The worst part is that other people started showing up and agreeing with the first guy that I did not shine the light upon him. They even continued to say this as I clicked the light on and off in rapid succession.

I guess some people are honorless cheaters and thieves. Too bad, really. You'd think there'd be some integrity in this world somewhere.

Maybe I'm the only saint. :(

Last edited:

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those with a collection of flashlights, one person uses one of the flashlights and shines a beam, the other guesses which light it is... Could be a game! :poke:
How about "Capture the Light": like Capture The Flag in computer games (but then in real life, in the dark of course), using 1 or 2 flashlights as the object(s) to be taken / defended.

Blue team or Red team? :popcorn:

MMD

Enlightened

I like it! I think I could do it. If anyone tries it, post your score.

So I was out in the darkness with a dummy M16 with a really bad incan Dx2 light hooked to it with elastic. I was out there with several people I'd been with recently.

The game was to shine the light upon someone who was supposedly going to win. The prize for winning was a laser pointer.

The problem? Well, I was lying in a mud puddle with water infiltrating my boots. I'd scooped away some of the sand and mud. I'd even placed a piece of "bait."

I saw my target. I clicked the light. The light worked. The batteries were not dead. The target contested that I did not win. I couldn't believe it. As he complained, I clicked the light onto him several times. You know, just to make it clear that I won.

Nope. He sat there whining and complaining. I did not get my laser pointer.

WORST. CPF. GAME. EVER.

If someone can sit there and deny that you are shining a light on them while you're doing it to their face, then this is not a real contest or sport. The worst part is that other people started showing up and agreeing with the first guy that I did not shine the light upon him. They even continued to say this as I clicked the light on and off in rapid succession.

I guess some people are honorless cheaters and thieves. Too bad, really. You'd think there'd be some integrity in this world somewhere.

ROTFLMAO - That sounds really fun. The imagery is great. I was there and now I'm pissed. Maybe do it like laser tag. Use another led in a light detector circuit. No cheatsies.

How about "Capture the Light": like Capture The Flag in computer games (but then in real life, in the dark of course), using 1 or 2 flashlights as the object(s) to be taken / defended.

Nice. Maybe the 'flags' could have red/blue filters or diffusers. Players can use white light.

Ok so someone one showed me this game he called black panther. You turn off all the lights in the house. Like pitch black, curtains pulled, cover up the stove clock, black as black. Then basically play hide and seek. The hiders can use lights to get positioned while the seeker counts. Then only the seeker uses light until someone is found. That person joins the search until the last person is found. That person is the new seeker.

Amelia

Enlightened
How about this one. I think we're all playing it:

The person who dies with the most lights wins! :)

Chay

Newly Enlightened

As long as they don't drop it!

Whiskers

Newly Enlightened

My favorite game is exploring things with a new flashlight. I don't care if it's the woodshed I've seen a thousand times or the undergrowth I've found the cat in even more because ... I HAVE A NEW FLASHLIGHT!!!!!!
:party:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
So I was out in the darkness with a ,,,,,,,,,, a really bad incan Dx2 ..................

If someone can sit there and deny that you are shining a light on them while you're doing it to their face, then this is not a GOOD FLASHLIGHT. The worst part is that other people started showing up and agreeing with the first guy that I did not shine the light upon him. They even continued to say this as I clicked the light on and off in rapid succession.

I guess some people are UNABLE TO SEE A DIM LIGHT FROM A BAD FLASHLIGHT. Too bad, really. You'd think there'd be some low light sensitivity in this world somewhere.

LOL

Edited it for you.

:devil:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I play "flashlight chicken" with other campers (strangers) at campgrounds. It usually goes like this:

I'm walking my dog around the campground on 3 lumens or less (I'm a night vision guy) and pass some folks staring into a campfire or lantern. Someone eventually notices me, and startled, shines me with a junk flashlight or headlamp - on what, maybe 10-20 lumens? - and keeps it there like I'm a criminal sneaking around. So I point my <3 lumens back at them and fire a millisecond blast of Max (~400-800 lumens) and give them a couple of seconds to stop shining me. Seems a few don't get the warning so I blast them back with my max on constant and to see who gives first. I have yet to lose ;).

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
I play "flashlight chicken" with other campers (strangers) at campgrounds. It usually goes like this:

I'm walking my dog around the campground on 3 lumens or less (I'm a night vision guy) and pass some folks staring into a campfire or lantern. Someone eventually notices me, and startled, shines me with a junk flashlight or headlamp - on what, maybe 10-20 lumens? - and keeps it there like I'm a criminal sneaking around. So I point my <3 lumens back at them and fire a millisecond blast of Max (~400-800 lumens) and give them a couple of seconds to stop shining me. Seems a few don't get the warning so I blast them back with my max on constant and to see who gives first. I have yet to lose ;).

Its not that they think youre a criminal...they just cant tell what you are because its so dim

D6859

Enlightened
My room mate has two kids that spend every other weekend at our house. I've gifted then both with a cheap 1AA led and I've been thinking of games that involve flashlights.

I like the idea of hide'n'seek but it's getting dark here only after 9pm and the children should be sleeping almost by then. Also the neighbourhood we live in is lit quite well and I don't want to take the kids into the woods. Maybe we could make an exception if their dad agrees. Or we could take the game indoors if we get other room mates to play with us. The rules: All players have a flashlight. Only one player is seeking. The first one to get caught is the seeker next round. If it's taking too long to find the hiders the seeker yells 'help' and the hiders give a signal (using their flashlight or voice). The hiders are allowed to change their position during the game. To get caught a hider must be lit by the seeker and called by their name.

Amelia, I'm not playing with you :D Not because I'm immortal, but because I like to give away the lights I don't use anymore so I've got only a small(ish) collection of good flashlights that I regard as tools. Tools that I like to take especially good care of, ofc :)

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, that's my fav flashlight game, espc if I have my 1200lm coast with me and it's on moonlight. Blast like that's likely to cook their night vision for a while!

dss_777

Enlightened

And how could such an amusing experience NOT be followed by hearty laughter and jovial pats on the back? I bet it's even more enjoyable when everyone's had a few drinks!

I doubt you'd be able to get much sleep in that campground, what with the other campers wanting to keep on playing such a fun game!

;)