Fake Ti3 or not ?

chris668

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,

I purchased a Thrunite Ti3 from Amazon and received it today. I am suspicious about it being a fake one because the writing on the Thrunite logo is smaller than usual and there's a serial number just below the "Ti3". Also the box is not the same as the one showed on Amazon. I searched on the internet for Ti3 pictures and videos and not a single one had the serial number below the "Ti3". Maybe I'm not aware that there's different versions of it but all of this is very weird. It gets even weirder because this is the official Thrunite seller on Amazon.

This is where I bought it. -->. LINK REMOVED.......Bill

1429030861077427400.jpg

1429030947095345000.jpg

1429030956089729600.jpg

(sorry for lame quality)

What do you guys think ?

Last edited by a moderator:

chuckhov

Enlightened
I think, that if there were not several different versions of it, then it would surely Not be from Thrunite:)

It's not fake - It's just the way that Thrunite does things.

Here's what happens - Thrunite sends a big box of these lights to Amazon, and Amazon treats them as if they were their own. - So you are buying a Thrunite, that Amazon is stocking and shipping for them. - "Sold by Thrunite, and Fulfilled by Amazon". - Amazon has Huge warehouse space devoted just to this "Fulfillment" thing. - Of course they take their cut.

Enjoy!
-Chuck

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
One check I do for fake items, is google & bing photo search. Then I look to see if the same serial number is found on other lights or items from different places. This works well on SF lights. Alot of the fakes use the same number on ALL the fakes. Making it easy to spot.

chris668

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for your clear explanation Chuck !

As for the serial number thing, I did exactly what you recommend Str8stroke. Though it was a long search, I finally saw a pic with a Ti3 with a serial number on it on some forum. The serial number was not the same. So, from what you said, it is a proof that my Ti3 is not a fake one.
I guess some Ti3's have a SN and some others don't, I don't know..

Thanks for your answers

ven

Flashaholic
Or contact olight with serial No,i would have thought if reputable seller the risks would be very low imho

ven

Flashaholic
Looking at the opened triangle on the key ring..............if it was very easy to do then its definitely genuine :laughing:

AFAIK possibly the worst key ring ever..............

mellowhead

Enlightened
Looking at the opened triangle on the key ring..............if it was very easy to do then its definitely genuine :laughing:

AFAIK possibly the worst key ring ever..............

Speaking of the lousy keyring - what's a good recommendation for something a little better? The holes the Ti's are tiny, and I don't think I have a split ring small enough to fit in it. I was thinking of looking into some braided stainless wire, like for a fishing leader. Any better ideas? Sorry to go off topic.

timcook

Newly Enlightened
I thought I'd post mine (confirmed, different serial number) since you mentioned it was a long search. My box was slightly different than yours (no sticker), so as others have said, it's just variations between batches.

mSF3FX5.png

ven

Flashaholic
Speaking of the lousy keyring - what's a good recommendation for something a little better? The holes the Ti's are tiny, and I don't think I have a split ring small enough to fit in it. I was thinking of looking into some braided stainless wire, like for a fishing leader. Any better ideas? Sorry to go off topic.

I just ordered along lines of ebay No 200962132730 iirc 5mm are the ones i have,then just use a good lobster type clip(some nice small ti or stainless on CNQgoods as one example.)