Surefire website?

Archvile

Newly Enlightened
Maybe I'm in the dark here, but has anyone noticed that Surefire doesn't update their website very often? I mean they don't even have anything about the L5 or L6 on there! No big deal, but wouldn't you think they'd want to advertise their latest and greatest products!! Just my two cents worth.

leng

Newly Enlightened
Here's a thought for ya.. look how well they have sold w/o being officially released yet.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sideshowandy

Newly Enlightened
yeah - but how many more could have been sold with a proper marketing campaign? if i didn't find this site and only checked out Surefire's website then i'd be unaware of quite a few of their products.

product information found on CPF alone has directly led to me buying about $300 of Surefire products in the last 6 months which do not get a mention on their site.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
If you guys consider the supply and demand dynamics, you might appreciate why SF hasn't placed some of their new products on their site. Since you are newbies, you may not be aware of the SF A2 and its stumble out of the starting blocks. By the time that the A2 was finally shipping, it was the most mis understood, speculated upon and over discussed light here on CPF and the supply never caught up to demand; dispite some real love/ hate sentiments here on CPF. Long after *we* had them, SF put the light up on their sight and it didn't take long before it was listed as backordered. My guess is that SF has yet to fulfill all outstanding orders for the A2.

Next came the L1 and it quietly did its thing but I doubt it was ever in any "overstock" status. Along came the L4 which has yet to be produced in numbers to keep up with demand. I believe that SF has been at full capacity for quite some time now and everytime they introduce a new product, their total of other items produced is diluted by the production and assembly time spent on the new product. SureFire's primary business is in weapon lights systems and now they are gearing up production on the X200 which is likely to bring them more demand than they know what to do with. The available supply of SF's flashlight line is shrinking by all indications.

To cut to the chase, in light of likely very low stock levels and seemingly near term reduction in replenishment of product, would it make sense for SF to increase a demand on products that they currently are in no position to supply?

"but how many more could have been sold with a proper marketing campaign? Well they sold all that they produced without a proper marketing campaign.

Note: I hide behind my sig line on this post! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. Why fix something if it isnt broken. If the demand is already there and the demand can't be met, they'll have disappointed customers who ordered the product but cant get it because it is so backordered. They seem to have their hands full filling orders without the product even being greatly advertised...

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
If you guys consider the supply and demand dynamics, you might appreciate why SF hasn't placed some of their new products on their site. Since you are newbies, you may not be aware of the SF A2 and its stumble out of the starting blocks. By the time that the A2 was finally shipping, it was the most mis understood, speculated upon and over discussed light here on CPF and the supply never caught up to demand; dispite some real love/ hate sentiments here on CPF. Long after *we* had them, SF put the light up on their sight and it didn't take long before it was listed as backordered. My guess is that SF has yet to fulfill all outstanding orders for the A2.

Next came the L1 and it quietly did its thing but I doubt it was ever in any "overstock" status. Along came the L4 which has yet to be produced in numbers to keep up with demand. I believe that SF has been at full capacity for quite some time now and everytime they introduce a new product, their total of other items produced is diluted by the production and assembly time spent on the new product. SureFire's primary business is in weapon lights systems and now they are gearing up production on the X200 which is likely to bring them more demand than they know what to do with. The available supply of SF's flashlight line is shrinking by all indications.

To cut to the chase, in light of likely very low stock levels and seemingly near term reduction in replenishment of product, would it make sense for SF to increase a demand on products that they currently are in no position to supply?

"but how many more could have been sold with a proper marketing campaign? Well they sold all that they produced without a proper marketing campaign.

Note: I hide behind my sig line on this post! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said!!! You speak exactly my sentiments. It is kind of frustrating for me residing in Singapore to be in love with SF products. I had ordered an M3 and for bloody months I was told shipment is back-ordered. There is KL5 and L4 here in Singapore but no news of L5 yet. What is more frustrating is that SF's production quality check is diminishing. I have during the last two months seen 4 shipments into Singapore with near to low quality flashlights sent in.

An L4 with so much dust on the reflector that it is beyond counting. On top of that, a hair, presumably an eyebrow hair is protruding out of the corner of the Luxeon bulb just like a stock of rose is growing from the soil.

A C2 Centurion spotting a beautiful matt HA Type 3 coating but a tail cap that is high gloss and totally off color. To rub salt into the wounds, the bezel's anti roll HA is so badly damaged by having the bare aluminium showing on every corner.

I was long awaiting an L1 but when I received it, the rubber 'O' ring on the LOTC is so loose that it came off when I unscrew it. There is so much dust all over the place it looked like it just came back from the Nevada desert. There is also a big black stain on the bezel which could not be cleaned out.

I had previously bought a very beautiful E1e and there is the new scalloped bezel. After I lost the E1e I decided to purchase another replacement but found the new piece to be using the old non-scalloped bezel. The color of the E1e is nearer to brown than I would have preferred but it is ok with me. What I don't like is that it spotted the high-gloss finish as compared to my previous near matt E1e.

I know hard anodizing is difficult to control on the color part but I am not sure about the gloss and matt part. Is there no standard and quality control in SF products? Or are they only bothered with military and defense sales?

For those of you who waited so long before getting your flaslights, I am very sure that you find the wait irritating right? What if the light sent to you is not of specified quality and the price is not cheap either?

Andy Ho