FOUND---Firefly...

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lost... Firefly. Last seen with house pants when putting them in the hamper. Felt of pockets and took it out, went to bathroom to get into shower, never seen again. Didnt change when came home so shouldn't be any other place. Rides in right front pocket with chapstick. Chapstick here, Firefly gone. Used it night before to glow up star in daughters bedroom but didn't do that last night when in house pants. Why was that? Was it because I didn't feel it in my pocket, or was it because it was late and she needed to get to bed? If I did a press check, (I don't remember if I did or not but I don't think I did), I don't remember feeling it. So, perhaps I lost it earlier than I thought. I really guess I don't remember. I am feeling so sad my memory is GONE! Oh no, some one help me!
*stupid mode off*

*whiny mode on*
Sucks doesen't it? Now I am without an EDC. Someone please revoke my moderating membership! Worst thing, I am commited to my wifes birthday coming up so even if I could find one with an R2H sandwich I would never be able to afford it. I gathered funds for about 6 months to get that light and then still had to make two payments to Doug Speck to get it. *whiny mode off*

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: LOST---Firefly...

That does suck, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I hope it turns up for you.

Peter

Greta

Flashaholic

Now see here... this is another incident of being a bad flashaholic. No GOOD flashaholic would lose his EDC... let alone a Firefly!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif ... So Mikey, you too shall wear a badge of shame until you can redeem yourself. Find that Firefly, Man!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well that is right, I suck and I have looked for about 2 hours and it is just not there. I even looked in the stove as I was working on it that night. Gone it is! Mabey I should check my dogs poop, I did go out to visit with her in the garage, (It was too cold for her to be outside) Perhaps she snagged it from me so that she could see around in the garage at night?

StanTeate

Enlightened

Have you considered that your wife is a flashaholic without your knowledge and has been eyeing that piece of hardware in wait for the perfect moment. Last seen 'in the hamper", hmmmmmmm. Possibly now she has her own little precious. You never can tell where the next flashaholic is!

Mark_Larson

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Bushman said:
I gathered funds for about 6 months to get that light and then still had to make two payments to Doug Speck to get it. *whiny mode off*

[/ QUOTE ]
That sentence really made me sad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

d'mo

Enlightened

Bushman, I feel your pain. Many a day has my two year old tottered away with every flashlight she can find that's within her reach. Bad girl!...no, wait! Good Girl!!! Daddy's girl!!!

Two words - Tritium glowring.

I've attached one to every flashlight I own so even if she stuffs them in deep dark corners of the toybox and the batteries die, they can still be found.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

i lost one of my edc's too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
a special mmm with a titanium clip, glowpowdered insides, and a very special mm+r2h /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

what makes it worse, is that for a time one of my other edc's (surefire e2r) was dissasembled to some extent, and not in operating condition, leaving me with just my arc aaa.
so to help make up for it i put a uv and orange aaa in my pocket just because /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

loosing things sucks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
if i had one of those nifty pilas i could make a custom light running a 3watter direct drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

will a metal detector pick up on aluminum and copper ok I guess?

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

The chapstick ate you firefly.(could not resist)
Sorry to hear about your lose.
You'll find it soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that, I have been looking for a R2H MM+ WO for about two weeks with no luck. I bought it for a FF and it has just up and disappeared?

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not sure, but I assume they pick up anything metallic. If you can't find a place to rent one you can always buy one and find out its not really right for you and return it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Found It in another pair of sweats... It must have been the ones I put on AFTER my shower /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

hideo

Enlightened
Re: LOST---Firefly... PHEW!

ha! just stumbled onto this ...

wish all my "left in pants", "in cars", or just plain dropped or spaced etc. threads had such happy endings ...

can't begin to list the over-priced sunglasses, SAKs, folders, electrogizmos and yes, lights I've left behind me ... fortunately light fetish is a relatively new one for me so i haven't lost anything major yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I've rooted thru catboxes, trash bins, crawlspaces and worse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif ...

seems there's a parable here about coveting (if I were of a religious bent, anyway)

bless those that have all those trinkets now and hope they appreciate them as much as i did

Bushman, I'm relieved you found this ... I was sweating bullets as I read and it's not even mine

screw a brass stud into it and tether it to a new ear-piercing of a Berkley Point mini-clip

hideo

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I have an Arc LS in royal blue and an Inova X1 that have somehow escaped me...
I know they're around here somewhere, I just don't know exactly where. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But I've never lost my Firebug. I know exactly where it is at all times, so it's always there when I need it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Hey Mike, I resisted posting this until I see you've now found it (whew!) -- but what if you smeared the lens end of the FF all over your lips, thought it had run out and tossed it, only to find out later when you needed light you were hopelessly twisting out a long glop of of ChapStick? Haw!

BTW still waiting on your addy for one of those free items I just gave away.