Simple question please...

elbowroom

Newly Enlightened
I can only afford one and I've narrowed it down to either the Nitecore EA41 (2015 version) or Thrunite TN4A or Sunwayman D40A?
I simply cannot decide. Which one would you choose and why. I will go with what the majority suggests.
Much appreciated

ven

Flashaholic
If i was to pick it would be the d40a,had the older ea4 and issue free,newer ea41 does look improved though!but prefer the power switch UI on the d40a,tn4a would be close though,just the SWM more established and a popular choice........

chuckhov

Enlightened
Hi, and Welcome to CPF!

I have the D40A, and bought it before the others mentioned came out.

I love everything about it but the UI.... Say I'm at 30 lm and want to go to 220 lm. - First, I have to look at 980, then 550:-(

Really - Buying today, I would check out the UI on each very closely, and then buy on that alone.

They all will make a lot of light.

Thanks,
-Chuck

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used Selfbuilt's roundup (very useful!), and eventually settled on the D40A. I can't recall my exact reasons, but having a neutral white option was very important, and the build quality of the Sunwayman sold me too.

PapaLumen

Enlightened
You won't be disappointed. Hope you have some nice loops to put in it :)

chuckhov

Enlightened
+1, Papa!

I bought my D40A from Edison Bright, VIA Amazon.

It came with those four, free Green AA Alkaleaks, but I thought I would try them anyway. - After Very Little use, 980 lm refused to come on - It was not missing a mode, but 980 looked Exactly the same as 550.

Popped my Eneloops in, and they can deliver the current necessary to run Turbo. - NIMH is a Must for these lights if you want to run Turbo.

Never a problem with the Eneloops - I have both std white, and pro black.

Use only a Smart Charger.

Thanks,
-Chuck

saypat

Enlightened
Can't go wrong with any of those in my opinion! Have someone buy one for you without knowing which one, then be pleasantly surprised. I bought the D40A for my brother. I already had the EA4W, which I love! I would love to get the TN4!

what a treat it would be to get all three!

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EA41W 2014 version is great, gives the neutral white while having instant access to moonlight or turbo. Battery indicator feature is quite nice, light is built well and works great for many purposes. Use mine all the time and love it!

gruntmedik

Newly Enlightened
I wound up buying the TN4 NW and some eneloop pro's. While I have no experience with the others, I am quite happy.