Who makes XTAR IMR batteries/any long term usage experience?

CuriousOne

Enlightened
Hello.

XTAR IMR batteries generally cost almost 2x cheap than say similar capacity AW or Efest batteries. I've bought couple of them and quality is not junk, they appear to work fine. But, I don't have any long time experience yet, so is anyone using them say for year or more?

Also, as I know, XTAR only does re-wrapping and custom labeling, it does not produces cells by itself. For other chemistries, they always state origin of battery, but not for IMR cells.

Any ideas?

Enlightened
Hello. XTAR IMR batteries generally cost almost 2x cheap than say similar capacity AW or Efest batteries. I've bought couple of them and quality is not junk, they appear to work fine. But, I don't have any long time experience yet, so is anyone using them say for year or more? Also, as I know, XTAR only does re-wrapping and custom labeling, it does not produces cells by itself. For other chemistries, they always state origin of battery, but not for IMR cells. Any ideas?
If we're talking about the 18650 size cells, I'm not certain who makes the 2200mah IMR (probably not Sony) but I'm fairly certain the 2900mah IMR is actually a Panasonic NCR18650PF. The 2900mah is listed in some XTAR literature as having a Panasonic cell.

desmobob

Enlightened
Yes, but who makes 14500, 18500, 18350 XTAR IMR's ?

Don't know... but I just bought a pair of the XTAR 850mAh 18350s and they seem to be very good; no problems running my armyTek Tiara Pro C1 in my limited usage so far. I didn't find many options at all for 18350s. The XTARs are working well and I'd buy more if I needed them.

Take it easy,
Bob