INOVA LUXEON ! and RED X1

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder.... I just got off the phone with INOVA to talk about my intermittent X1 flashlight(falling off the table to the floor fixed it). While talking I raised the question of the RED X1. The short answer to that is that they are NOT going to make a RED X1. She said that there were not happy with the BEAM. But that a UV version may become available in the future. Cool. I asked if they had any plans for a LUXEON based light. She told me that she didn't know about future lights. I detected a fib here and pressed on. I asked her if she even knew what a LUXEON LED was. She said yes. I then asked her if it was a situation of "I can't talk about future products" and she said yes with a giggle. I beleive that INOVA next gen light will contain LUXEON LED. Put that into your pipe and smoke it with a few grains of salt.
I wonder if they will follow in the footsteps of some of our modders out here on CPF. Or will it be somthing completly new?
Time will tell.
Yaesumofo

Mrd 74

Enlightened
If Inova can put a LS in the X1 and increase the throw by +500% I'll be the first in line.I play around with my X1 all the time but because of the limited throw I consider it an "indoor" light.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know the Inova X5 is a tremendous light. Well made, stable, nice light output, attention to detail.

All their lights are very nice
X5
X1
Microlight (love the translucent Turquoise!)
Inova 24/7 Smartbright

If they come out with a Luxeon Star, I hope that it follows the family of well made, well designed, well thought out lights.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Yaesumofo:

That's awesome. Thanks for the post. I love the aesthetics of my X5 and the size of my X1, but I don't EDC either at the moment. Fingers crossed wrt a Luxeon Inova /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif