ARC AAA - Out of Stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulr

Flashaholic
Arc shopping cart indicates out of stock for both regular and premium versions. Peter mentioned before xmas that demand had been higher than expected and there would be more after the holiday. Meanwhile, pocketlights.com claims to have some in stock.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are out of stock on the AAA standard and Premium until probably about the 19th. Sorry for the delays in getting sufficient stock.

Peter

Prolepsis

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Arc shopping cart indicates out of stock for both regular and premium versions. Peter mentioned before xmas that demand had been higher than expected and there would be more after the holiday. Meanwhile, pocketlights.com claims to have some in stock.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was more for a little while--I managed to order on the first week or so of January (and received it). So I guess I was lucky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter,

I would like to give one as a gift, and need it by the 30th, and would like to give the latest version design etc.

Any problem with me ordering it on the 19th and getting it to Texas by the 29th?

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have the Arc.
For anyone who has tried both, is the deluxe version worth waiting for, or is there any significant difference in the practical output of the two versions?

Feel free to respond even if you have not tried both versions.

Thanks,
Jerry

paulr

Flashaholic
Brightness is basically the same. The premium has a warmer color mix. It makes no functional difference for most practical illumunation purposes, but looks a little nicer. I have the standard version and after a while the blue beam does start feeling like an imperfection, so I can understand the why people attached to these lights are willing to pay for the "cosmetic" improvement.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had both versions and would recommend getting the Standard. The Premium generally has more of a warm (greenish) tint to it compared to the colder blue/violet tint of the Standard. There is no longer a real difference in brightness between the two models. That said, individual LED's can vary quite a bit in tint & brightness, so even though the Premium should have the warmer tint, my favorite Standard has a warmer tint than any Premium that I have seen.

If you are the type of person who has to have the best, buy the Premium. If cost matters to you, buy the Standard. Both models are very nice lights and you really can't go wrong with either.

Be sure to check out the Arc Flashlight FAQ & the What to expect when you order an Arc-AAA.. threads for more helpful information.

Pat

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paul and Pat.
Thanks a lot for the information. Although I would buy the premium if available, I am tempted to order a standard to see what they are like.
Postage eats you up on one light.
Jerry

Mattman

Enlightened
After comparing a Premium and a standard light (mine and my brother's) I can't really tell much difference between the two. If I had to do it all over again, I'd save the couple of bucks, get a standard and use the leftover cash to put a down payment on an Arc4.

paulr

Flashaholic
My guess is there's variation in both the standard and the premium. I have a UKE 2AAA eLED with a much warmer LED color than my Arc AAA. If there was a way I could swap the LED's, I'd do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.