shout out for Maratac

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
Just thought I would post this.
I gave my uncle a Maratac AAA for Christmas about 4 years ago. He lost it the next spring. He hated losing it as he really loved that little light. I just heard from him tonight. He was tilling the garden today and noticed something in the dirt. It was the Maratac. He wiped it off and gave it a twist,it fired right up. Glad I put a lithium battery in it before I gave it to him. I am really impressed that it still worked after 3 years of being buried in the dirt.

rjking

Enlightened
Just wondering how the patina looks like after all theses years?:candle:

Just thought I would post this.
I gave my uncle a Maratac AAA for Christmas about 4 years ago. He lost it the next spring. He hated losing it as he really loved that little light. I just heard from him tonight. He was tilling the garden today and noticed something in the dirt. It was the Maratac. He wiped it off and gave it a twist,it fired right up. Glad I put a lithium battery in it before I gave it to him. I am really impressed that it still worked after 3 years of being buried in the dirt.

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
I have not seen it yet but it and the Natural HA finish. I am guessing it held well. I have a brass AAA,it has become my favorite light out of the 5 Maratac lights I have.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, awesome story! That is really cool that it fired right up again and that he ended up finding it in the first place!

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Great story, thanks for sharing. Maratac's are great little lights. I own one of the older 300 SS versions.
I only recently learned of the Brass version, and I really want one!

Im interested in seeing an image of the patina too.

On a side note; There is a similar story about a guy losing his Arc aaa
while caving. Well he returned to the cave two years later, and FINDS his lost Arc aaa,
it had fallen into a little stream of water, and there it sat for almost 3 years I think.

The battery was dead, the split ring was almost completely rusted away.
But he popped in a new cell, and the light fired right up. The Ano was well
worn but still no rust. I thought it was an amazing story, and a testament to
how well these little lights are made these days.

Latest posts