USB charging of Eneloops?

prnguinpoo

Newly Enlightened
I've been searching around, and was surprised it was not so popular.

I am looking to charge 2 x AA Eneloops from a USB - I came across:

Klarus CH1 (hard to find)
Xtar XP1

But both a single chargers, anything for charging 2 at a time?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been searching around, and was surprised it was not so popular.

I am looking to charge 2 x AA Eneloops from a USB - I came across:

Klarus CH1 (hard to find)
Xtar XP1

But both a single chargers, anything for charging 2 at a time?

DSC_7938.jpg

http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review Charger Panasonic BQ-CC14 UK.html

That's the one we want and that seems to have replaced the earlier 2 bay Sanyo USB AA/AAA charger, which is no longer in production, nor readily available..

Good luck finding that Panasonic CC14, however.

Chris

1DaveN

Enlightened
When travelling, I carry extra batteries rather than a charger. That Panasonic would get me to change that habit, but as you say, good luck finding one (at least in the US).

Berneck1

Enlightened
USB-C may change all of this as it gains in popularity. I believe USB-C can be quite powerful.

I think for many people USB is not powerful enough. Otherwise, I think we would see more USB chargers..

I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd rather have the Pannie, but Energizer makes good stuff, so that would do. Only see two on Ebay in the UK and they don't seem to want to ship to Miami, so my quest endures.

I don't even 'need' one of these, but at $10, why not?

Chris

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have one of those It is called the Energizer Duo. It charges 1 or 2 (2 channels) batteries about 400ma or so to AAA and 500ma to AA batteries. The software for it was infected from the start and was pulled so there is essentially no computer software for it available as it was never put back online (safe) after that.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is probably the best choice for charging NiMH from a USB power source.
I agree. I have one arriving tomorrow - it seems to be the best all-rounder as far as multi-chemistry chargers go. My only concern is the current drop if you use a USB power supply that doesn't provide a high enough output voltage - however I have weeded out/eliminated my bad USB power supplies so this shouldn't be a problem.

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
It's not supposed to, nor does it officially support the NiMH chemistry, so how is it charging up your NiMH batteries?

Does it work well?

You're right. I had only looked at the Amazon description. Oddly it worked fine with an Eneloop AAA but I'm not sure how after reading the site info. I bought it to charge Li Ion anyway but I'm glad you brought it up.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered the CH1 from Banggood. Seems good, works as powerbank too.

I'm about to order two of these, but the jury's still out on what the charging rate is for both NiMH and li-ions.

Klarus is mum on confirming the supposed 1A rate. 1A is too much for AAAs and any li-ion cell at, or below, the 14500 size cells.

Chris