F.Y.I. re Tigerlight LA

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
<font color="blue">Thought I would share this bit of information I received today via email from TigerLight, INC</font>

"We do not publish a life rating on our bulbs. The reason is that we have found that the actual lifespan far exceeds the life that the manufacturer rates it. In practical terms, we have found that it is not uncommon for police officers who use the light every night, to have the same lamp assembly between one and two years with the majority falling into the 1.5 year range.

Please let me know if you have further questions."

Thanks,
Eric Straddeck
TigerLight, Inc.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... 1.5 years of use every night? Is it just me or does that seem like a lot?

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I hope my new lamp lasts that long. The one that came with my Tigerlight lasted me 2 months, Tigerlight replaced it after a call.

At ~$15 each, I hope they last a while.

ksbman

Flashaholic*
I use my TigerLight every night at work, too.

I get about 3 to 5 months use out of a '3rd generation' lamp before it starts getting yellow and I toss it.

It just happened again last week so I brought my MagCharger back to work to use. I want to see how well the W/A 01111's work with the stock battery pack.

It is definitely much brighter than the TigerLight, and I'm hoping the run-time will be better, also.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
ksbman said:
I use my TigerLight every night at work, too.

I get about 3 to 5 months use out of a '3rd generation' lamp before it starts getting yellow and I toss it.

It just happened again last week so I brought my MagCharger back to work to use. I want to see how well the W/A 01111's work with the stock battery pack.

It is definitely much brighter than the TigerLight, and I'm hoping the run-time will be better, also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure about the runtime with the stock batteries but you would get about 1.5 hours with a set of PowerStream's and the WA01111. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Manila

Newly Enlightened
Newbie here so forgive me.

what the heck is a WA01160?

is this the bulb type?

does it come with the Mag Charger Flashlight?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Manila said:
Newbie here so forgive me.

what the heck is a WA01160?

is this the bulb type?

does it come with the Mag Charger Flashlight?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a buld made by Welch Allen that fits in the stock MagCharger and is much brighter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Manila

Newly Enlightened
do you know the best place to find this bulb at a cheap price?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are cheap if you can get in on a group buy only about $2.50 each but WA has a $100 min order. Otherwise they can be found in the B/S/T for around $10 shipped sometimes.