Eagletac D25A2 Tactical have an itch to buy it...

Berneck1

Enlightened
Has anybody picked this light up yet? I don't know why, but I have an itch to buy it. Could just be that I have't purchased anything in a while. Although, I did just buy two Maratac Copper AAA lights... Lol. But, before that, it has probably been a good six months since I have picked anything new up.

I have a Thrunite Archer 2AV2 that's probably the closest thing to this light. I like it, but it's not one I find myself reaching for all the time. I'm not a fan of the clip and the side mode switch. I'm probably going to give it away. No matter what, I seem to find my way back to the Eagletacs.

The D25A2 tactical seems like something I may like more. I'm curious if anyone has used one yet...

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Eagletac D25A2 with the XM-L2 T6 neutral emitter. Overall, I would say it is a pretty good light. Although it really isn't much (if any) brighter than my SC52w, it has the advantage over 1xAA lights of longer runtime. I get about an hour and a half on high, which isn't too bad. And although it's not the brightest light out there, the output is good enough for most uses.

The tint is one of the VERY BEST things about this light! That neutral XM-L2 is just flat-out AWESOME. Unless you are such a fan of the Nichia that you just MUST have it, I would pass up the Nichia for the Neutral XM-L2. Of course, one of the nice things about this light is the wide variety of emitters to choose from. Unlike, say, the Quark QP2A-X, you are NOT stuck with a fugly cool white XM-L2.

The beam is actually ALOT like the SC52w, which is to say that it is quite floody. This is to be expected from a small light with an XM-L2. And it may not please those who want a throwier light. But it works quite well for hiking and lighting up an area. Or course, if you want a throwier light, you can get this light with the smaller die XP-G2 or Nichia 219. Output will be lower, though.

The bottom line? Go for it! 2xAA lights won't overwhelm with a wall of light. But the D25A2 does produce very useful output from common batteries. And the wide range of emitters to choose allows this light to suit all tastes as far as output, throw, and tint.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
I wanted to like it, but the UI drives me crazy. It's a personal preference so take a look and see if you're OK with it.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
I really love the D25A2. It's very bright for a double A light, it's well-built, its batteries can be purchased anywhere, and it helps save the use of the more esoteric C123a batteries should a crisis situation occasion the depletion of stocked AA's. Lastly, Eagletac makes the best cases for its lights by far, in my opinion.

markr6

Flashaholic
Lastly, Eagletac makes the best cases for its lights by far, in my opinion.

No doubt. It feels like something you would buy separately for $15 or more. Not just a piece of fabric rolled up and sewn together - basically just something to keep it from getting scratched. The Jetbeam ones you can get for a few $$ are sort of inbetween quality.

Berneck1

Enlightened
I'm definitely going to buy this. I missed the 15% Going Gear coupon. I'll wait until there's another one. Probably for Memorial Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Berneck1

Enlightened
As expected, the Memorial Day sale is here! Just ordered it. I'll probably pass on my Archer 2A V2 to someone in my family...

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums