P60 hosts?

Strintguy

Enlightened
Hi all, just searching for hosts I may not have explored. I know about FiveMega, Solarforce, Oveready, who else is making 18mm hosts?
Thanks

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oveready takes surefire bodies, bores them and often does a cerakopte or custom HAIII on them. Very nice - about as nice a "standard" P60 host as you will find anywhere.
Elzetta - believe you will find these bored to 18mm on Oveready.

Ogaz / TNC products - WOW, custom made in USA (check the "surefire compatible" section) P60 hosts. Fantastic stuff.

The Solarforce lights generally need an outer spring on the P60 drop-in if it's a "surefire" P60 design. The Surefire design has more of an angle on the head - so a solarforce host is contacting at the top, less to no contact further down -so an outer spring is necessary. Consequence of this - if you are running a very hot drop-in the heat transfer to the host will be lousy. This is REALLY important in case you get a "Solarforce" designed drop-in - (pretty rare), I have one from Vinz (in Germany, not to be confused with Vinh in Seattle) - the sides of the drop-in are almost parallel - this means it will not fit in a surefire light - or one designed for surefire drop-ins. But in a Solarforce light it will contact & transfer heat well. Vinh has a video of wrapping drop-in in this copper film to aid in the heat transfer.

Believe there are alot of lower end hosts; trustfire, fandyfire, xxxfire, etc (all the name brands you do not particularly want to buy rechargeable li-ion batteries with their names on them).

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
Malkoff also makes 18mm flashlight bodies, in 2,3, and 4 cell lengths. I offer a service to convert his 2 cell length to a single cell length. Search for MD2, MD3 or MD4 for Malkoffs bodies and MD1 to see the shortened version that I make.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff also makes 18mm flashlight bodies, in 2,3, and 4 cell lengths. I offer a service to convert his 2 cell length to a single cell length. Search for MD2, MD3 or MD4 for Malkoffs bodies and MD1 to see the shortened version that I make.

Man am I embarrassed - missed mentioning Malkoff. I did have some older MD2, MD3 & MD4 bodies and they were a tight fit at best with protected cells. I don't know if newer bodies have a little larger diameter or not.

Latest posts