eBay and SF Parts??

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see Surefire E1 and E2 bodies and bezels and even tailcaps for sale on ebay.
What are folks doing to come up with these parts? What is left of the light?

Jerry

george9c1

Newly Enlightened
If you are referring to the seller surefireparts, he is a member of CPF, so maybe he's modding some of the lights and selling leftovers? In some cases I believe he is simply taking apart entire lights and selling them as parts. I purchased an L4 body, tailcap and bezel from him for less than I could have bought an E2 light for, though!

BTW, he is absolutely first rate to deal with if you are thinking of purchasing from him.

machulu

Newly Enlightened
I second what George said. I have bought a few items from surefireparts and he is one of the best sellers that I have ever dealt with. It's great to have a source where you can get seperate parts.

~Stephen

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that is the one who is selling so many arts. It also appeared to me that one might buy the parts for less than the light.

Thanks,
Jerry

machulu

Newly Enlightened
It's not really about buying seperate parts to build a whole light because in that case, you would be spending a lot more. If you buy a 6P for $70 and sell the parts seperately on ebay, the total from those items might make you $90 to &100. For me, I always replace my stock lights with led bezels or turboheads, shock isolated bezels and clickies. Naturally you can buy a few parts from ebay and turn those replaced stock parts into another light.

~Stephen

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I've bought a lot of parts from John. He is first rate! Just try and buy the parts, offered by him, anywhere else. Personally, I think he is performing a great service, for those of us that need the odd Surefire part.
oldgrandpajack

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi, I have purchased a time or two, in fact I inquired about an item and his response was I don't have one but call or E-mail this guy ##### I called and they had want I wanted. Surefireparts could have wrote Let me check I will try to get one for you. I was impressed with his honesty and A Surefire search is something I do at least once every three days. He always gets first consideration in my book. I E-mailed him once to let him know we were in spittin distance. Thought I would toss that in in case he reads this thread and wonders whom I am.
Topper
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jcciv

Newly Enlightened
Hey, Thanks Guys! Yeah, I always try to work with people, and I especially try to work with CPF members when they contact me. I mostly buy lights and break them up, because everyone needs different parts.

I am doing this mostly for the hobby aspect, not specifically to make money. I think that the success of the eBay business shows that there is a lot of demand for the parts. It would be great if the parts were available direct from SF!

I have to say that a big part of what keeps me going on this is all the GREAT people who buy stuff from me. I really enjoy working will all of you guys!!

John

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've also bought from John over on ebay and I agree that he's top notch. Every transaction has been superlative from start to finish. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

John, it's good to see you getting the recognition and accolades you merit.

Britt

richpalm

Banned
I have also had great service-made up a Z2 from spares. JMHO: There is a lot more I would have bought because I only will use 'buy it now.' I hate bidding, waiting, and losing.

Rich

kfasold

Newly Enlightened
Another vote of "what they said". While I've only done a few transactions so far, they've all gone very well -- and John ships so fast, it seems as though he's gotten them in the mail before my payment has gotten to him!

kf