Bought a PD22UE from REI

wjv

Enlightened
Bought a PD22UE from REI and it's going back.

Sickly green & yellow tint including the hotspot. :sick2:

Maybe I'll see if they have another one in stock and just do an exchange. But I'll try it out and check the tint first. Otherwise I'll just get a refund.

Bummed out. . . . Only the second time I've run into a bad tint with Fenix. My other dozen or so Fenix lights have good to excellent tints.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
My PD22UE is OK. There is a slight bit more hint of green than the cool white PD35 I have. But you only notice it on a white wall and on the lowest mode. I very much do like the beam pattern of the XP-L though. I once got a PD32 XP-G2 that was greenish and it bothered me to the point that I changed out the LED. Like you most of my Fenix lights are OK tint wise.

markr6

Flashaholic
That would be nice if you could try a few before purchasing. In the past I've had violet, blue, green and yellow from Fenix. Working on completing that rainbow!

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the GREAT thing about REI - take the light back in, tell them what's up, and they will let you check out the other lights to either get you a better version or verify that you want a refund.

Chances are, they will have one with a better tint. Conversely, your returned light will then become a future Garage Sale item. Win win for everyone!

Lighteous

Enlightened
I'm sorry about your light. Mine is without a flaw. I wouldn't hesitate to get a replacement.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought a PD22UE from REI and it's going back.

Sickly green & yellow tint including the hotspot. :sick2:

Maybe I'll see if they have another one in stock and just do an exchange. But I'll try it out and check the tint first. Otherwise I'll just get a refund.

Bummed out. . . . Only the second time I've run into a bad tint with Fenix. My other dozen or so Fenix lights have good to excellent tints.

Do you know if rei will open up one or more brand new lights just so you can pick one you like?