• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Oveready bored 6P, Torchlab Triple and Moddoolar tailcap - SOLD

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oveready bored 6P, Torchlab Triple and Moddoolar tailcap

Bought this great set up few months ago, haven't used it so it's time to find another owner!

Oveready Custom HA Bored (18650) 6P body with matching z44 bezel. No dings, scapes or scuffs. It is their Custom HA III spec treatment. Body has maybe two specs of ano missing. Bezel has a Xeno AlTin black bezel ring and a UCL lens.

The tailcap is a Moddoolar Triad with a McClicky. I think the boot is Med Press Nuff said.

The drop in is one of the original V 1.0 Torchlab (Moddoo) triples. They were all hand made and potted. Three modes with memory. XP-E emitters give great throw and the triple optic gives great wide flood. It is about 600 lumens and runs on One Li Ion not made for two. So it has pretty good run time as well as it is not super over driven. Great piece. It is Neutral White and not cool. There were about 10 of them made. I posted the drop in specs below. As stated above all of these drop ins were hand made with attention to fine detail. The lens on this one is clear. The fit is super snug like a glove in the host. It really is a spectacular white beam with great XP-E Throw but massive triple LED flood as well. It is a 3 mode LMH with memory.

Features:

?Multiple independent LEDs for more output than conventional designs

?LEDs are soldered directly to copper

?Compatible with all 3.0-5.5 volt Surefire P and C series lights

?3 levels on most models, for just the right output

?Fully potted electronics for durability

?Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound is used between the copper and aluminum

?Solid aluminum heatsink fits snugly inside the light for maximum heat transfer

?Hard anodized black for superior thermal emissivity and durability

?Custom built solid copper LED mounting plate

?3 screws clamp the copper directly to the heat sink

?24 gauge mil-spec wire with 19 strand, silver-plated copper conductors, teflon insulated

?Moddoo Triple XP-E

?High performance drop-in for P60/D26 applications

600 lumens from a single rechargeable battery

3.0-6.0 volts only, not for use with 2+ lithium cells*

Terms:

*Ask questions in PM first then commit.

*Clear unconditional "I'll take it" takes priority over any other forms of communication or PM.

*Please plan to pay fast as I ship fast. So plan to pay at time of commitment to purchase. I will PM you with PayPal.

*Shipping and fees are included in price. CONUS only, no trades thanks!

PRICE $250.00

List Date: 4/29/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Oveready bored 6P, Torchlab Triple and Moddoolar tailcap
--------------------------------------
SOLD

--------------------------------------
candlepowerforums

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: Oveready bored 6P, Torchlab Triple and Moddoolar tailcap

I had (maybe still have) the drop-in for sale here. One of the early triples - super well put together by the Oveready folks. Highly recommended drop-in as is the Bored Custom HAIII (black) 6P from the Oveready folks - have one of those as well. Triad tailcap is very nice - the thumb will "naturally" find it way to the button - my wording, not the Oveready folks.

And Jaymot is great to do business with - free bump for a fantastic package.

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Nfetterly for the kind words!

It's a great set up, I have three similar set up - bored 6P and Torchlab Triple and this drop in here not only produces a perfectly clean, pure white beam (more on the cool side, though it's a neutral XP-E), but it also absolutely gorgeous!

I had to take close up photos to show some machining details around the optics.
The Moddoolar logo (3 dots) is actually machined, later versions were printed instead - I really like that detail.
The tailcap has the same logo on a nice matte finish

Last edited:

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Last price drop on this great set up - $199 shipped conus

Been playing with it a lot and fell in love with it again! It's bright, pure white, simple - a classic really! For sure a really really nice Surefire. If not sold within 48 hours I'll withdraw from sale.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Okay, never tried this triple/triple setup and config before but it sounds sweet. I'll take backup.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie

I had (maybe still have) the drop-in for sale here. One of the early triples - super well put together by the Oveready folks. Highly recommended drop-in as is the Bored Custom HAIII (black) 6P from the Oveready folks - have one of those as well. Triad tailcap is very nice - the thumb will "naturally" find it way to the button - my wording, not the Oveready folks.

And Jaymot is great to do business with - free bump for a fantastic package.

I'll second that. I've bought from jmayot before and he's also bought from me, and he is great to deal with.

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Engineeringmatt09, you get the light. Magellan thanks for the kind words, it's been a great pleasure exchanging with you as well!
Light is SPF thanks all