Need help deciding on a Fenix headlamp

carnage

Enlightened
I'm looking at the Fenix hp12 and hl55. Not sure which one will be better, more durable and better built. Any information or opinion will be appreciated.

Chaitanya

Banned
Here are the differences between Hp12 and Hl55:
Hp12: uses Cool white tint led HL55: Neutral white tint led
HP12: battery and lamp are separate modules which means its more balanced on head HL55: Battery and led are single module which means no cable running to get snagged in branches/stuff.

Depending on you tint preference and usage scenario select either Hp12 or HL55 both are good headlamps with well spaced out modes. I have purchased HL55 but wont be using it till monsoons arrive in Western ghats.

carnage

Enlightened
Here are the differences between Hp12 and Hl55:Hp12: uses Cool white tint led HL55: Neutral white tint ledHP12: battery and lamp are separate modules which means its more balanced on head HL55: Battery and led are single module which means no cable running to get snagged in branches/stuff. Depending on you tint preference and usage scenario select either Hp12 or HL55 both are good headlamps with well spaced out modes. I have purchased HL55 but wont be using it till monsoons arrive in Western ghats.
Thanks for the reply.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I have some info. Going to finish a field testing review of the HP12. Will post it in the headlamp second in a day or so. Too much time spent fishing.

carnage

Enlightened
Here are the differences between Hp12 and Hl55:Hp12: uses Cool white tint led HL55: Neutral white tint ledHP12: battery and lamp are separate modules which means its more balanced on head HL55: Battery and led are single module which means no cable running to get snagged in branches/stuff. Depending on you tint preference and usage scenario select either Hp12 or HL55 both are good headlamps with well spaced out modes. I have purchased HL55 but wont be using it till monsoons arrive in Western ghats.
So the tint is about the same. About the throw of the light beam, is one has longer distance, is they both have wide beam, is there a mode for a tight beam or a more focus beam.

Chaitanya

Banned
HP12 has throw distance of 123 mts while HL55 has 116 mts. Both are have floody beam, with fairly well defined hot spot(Unlike Armytek which can have diffused flood beams without any hotspot). There is no attachment provided on either of these two to get diffused beam pattern. I think only Hp30 and Hp15 comes bundled with diffuser now a days, although you can purchase the diffuser as an attachment for other HP series headlamps.

carnage

Enlightened
HP12 has throw distance of 123 mts while HL55 has 116 mts. Both are have floody beam, with fairly well defined hot spot(Unlike Armytek which can have diffused flood beams without any hotspot). There is no attachment provided on either of these two to get diffused beam pattern. I think only Hp30 and Hp15 comes bundled with diffuser now a days, although you can purchase the diffuser as an attachment for other HP series headlamps.
Thanks for the reply.