Klarus        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preon Penlight Burnt Orange on Clearance! $30 once they are gone they are gone!

Default Preon Penlight Burnt Orange on Clearance! $30 once they are gone they are gone!

We're discontinuing the Burnt Orange finish for the Preon PenLights. This is the last you'll see of them, so get them while you can!

This ultra-sleek and incredibly bright PenLight may resemble a pen but it's actually a flashlight that packs quite a punch with a maximum output of 180 out-the-front lumens. It's the perfect every-day-carry light constructed from aircraft grade aluminum alloy and stainless steel.

http://www.foursevens.com/products/CPP-BA

Flashaholic

Default Re: Preon Penlight Burnt Orange on Clearance! $30 once they are gone they are gone!

I am such a sucker for anything burnt orange....one on order.

Default Re: Preon Penlight Burnt Orange on Clearance! $30 once they are gone they are gone!

Its a good thing I bought this model before. I still got to see it even when 47s will discontinue it. :-)

never hurts to buy another

Awesome! With the cpf discount that is too good to pass up. Order placed!

Got one!
    Thanks again David, another great light @ at great price.
    My Exquisite Mocha now has a brother.

How does one find the CPF discount code?

Many thanks.

Flashaholic*

Look in the Good Deals subforum for the CPF discounts sticky thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lytumup View Post
    How does one find the CPF discount code?
    This is a handy page to have bookmarked.

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Hi David, thanks for the heads up and great deal. It was a touch choice, as I still need the Mocha Penlight and the Toxic Green Preons. Here is a shot of my collection so far(many see a lot of EDC duty)...

Thanks to everyone who has made this purchase! We here at Foursevens HQ think this is a good deal!

Yup, I got more for the gift inventory... I've given a bunch of these out already.

Flashaholic

Mine came in a few days ago and has been a good light so far. Nice click action and good light output/pattern.

Are there just two modes on this?

There are 3 modes, low, medium and high as well as memory for the last mode you were in.

Thanks
    Reid

Flashaholic*

This is tempting. Has anyone modified one of these? Id like one with a Nichia LED.

Will it handle 2 Eneloops?

Bill

Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyebill View Post

Bill
    I don't know why It wouldn't but I'll check....

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyebill View Post

Bill
    I have its twin (clone) the Olight O'pen and feed it duraloops and it works great but the output is a little lower than alkalines about 150/45/4.5 lumens. I use it for work and if I had more money I would order another one of these lights as I think the modes have very useful spacing as far as balancing output with runtime. The finish on these is excellent.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Thanks, I just read selfbuilt's's review.

Bill

The only complaint I have about the light is that I keep it clipped in my pants pocket and if I don't lock it out I can turn it on and when I do lock it out the silky smooth threads it sometimes loosens up so much over time if I don't check it a few times a day it can literally come apart in my pocket. What I need is something like a clear thin wide rubber type band to put over the section where it loosens to make it harder to turn apart.
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    The only complaint I have about the light is that I keep it clipped in my pants pocket and if I don't lock it out I can turn it on and when I do lock it out the silky smooth threads it sometimes loosens up so much over time if I don't check it a few times a day it can literally come apart in my pocket. What I need is something like a clear thin wide rubber type band to put over the section where it loosens to make it harder to turn apart.
    I thought they fixed this issue with this light. The Preon has the same issue, but swapping out the aluminum boot to a Streamlight MicroStream rubber boot fixes the Preon. That wouldn't work for the Pen light.

Quote Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
    I thought they fixed this issue with this light. The Preon has the same issue, but swapping out the aluminum boot to a Streamlight MicroStream rubber boot fixes the Preon. That wouldn't work for the Pen light.
    Maybe they did something to the Preon Penlights to address this issue, I couldn't tell you but from what I've heard the two are identical except for branding and warranty. I just had an idea just now.... I'm going to try a little piece of teflon tape on the threads next week and see if that fixes the issue.

Flashaholic*

Maybe they did something to the Preon Penlights to address this issue, I couldn't tell you but from what I've heard the two are identical except for branding and warranty. I just had an idea just now.... I'm going to try a little piece of teflon tape on the threads next week and see if that fixes the issue.
    I was referring to the Preon 2 and Penlight. The Preon is notorious for accidentally coming on in your pocket and being dead when you need it. I thought they fixed this issue with the Penlight.

I was referring to the Preon 2 and Penlight. The Preon is notorious for accidentally coming on in your pocket and being dead when you need it. I thought they fixed this issue with the Penlight.
    I think one of the reviewers (selfbuilt?) said that the penlight switch is harder to accidentally press than the preon and preon 2. It can still be turned on in your pocket though. I think the action is fine and making it harder to turn on would make using it and switching modes a task. I think the only way to prevent accidental turn ons is to have a switch that is not sticking out such that it could possibly even tailstand.

I ordered one Will use it in a shirt pocket if it fits ok. Accidental activation should not be a problem.

Bill

It has been suggested and used by many folks, to unscrew the head of the light slightly when using the clicky tail. This wont obviously eliminate all problems, and it is extra step when turning the light on, but it does work. Revision to the system are being discussed.

Thanks
    Reid

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

FYI, the Mocha Penlight is now also only $30(before 12% CPF discount)!

Quote Originally Posted by 4sevens View Post
    It has been suggested and used by many folks, to unscrew the head of the light slightly when using the clicky tail. This wont obviously eliminate all problems, and it is extra step when turning the light on, but it does work. Revision to the system are being discussed.
    You failed to address the other point. For me, it was even worse than it coming apart in my pocket. I had it on the outside of my pocket for easy access, and I lost half of the light. The entire tailcap assembly (switch and half the body) fell completely off. An expensive lesson. Either the switch needs to be dramatically harder to push, or the threads need to have some added resistance to turning. Simply rotating the cap is NOT a good solution, even if you don't mind the extra step before using it. You may think it will be OK, but it is only a matter of time...I don't EDC it any more. It was a disappointment for me, simply because of that issue. Too bad, I really liked the light otherwise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast