Black Ice or an E2e, got it right the second time.

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
Went to Gander Mountain to spend a 25 dollar gift certificate and in my wanderings I noticed an E1e and E2e sitting on a counter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif I've never had even a little urge for the E2e until I saw it, the pictures seem to leave something out. $60 for the E1e, $70 for the E2e. Not too bad but more then I had intended to spend so I went over to the standard flashlight aisle and saw the new Browning Black Ice 2x123 light for 35 bucks. It looked well made and was focusable so I was hoping it would be a long throw light.
Decided on the Black Ice and spent the next day thinking about how I should've got one of the E series lights. The Black Ice is well made except for a cheap looking plastic reflector (looked like it had dust or something on the plastic before the reflective coating was applied). Really a shame because it felt good in the hand and had a standard push button switch behind the bezel, looked like it was very well machined, had a smooth spill light. The hotspot was fairly standard: somewhat blotchy on tight focus, big hole on wide.
Today the Black Ice went back to Gander Mountain and I left with an E2e, just couldn't justify the E1e when my Arc-LSs put out more light for longer no matter how nice it looks. The E2e has the nicest incandescent beam I've seen, much better then my Z3. I can see why so many people like this light now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now I just have to get used to the momentary switch.

Also saw a 2 pack of Browning 123s for $5.

leng

Newly Enlightened
congrats on the E2e.. it's a great EDC for me... just wish they made a clickie tail cap in HA black..