Archer 1A V2 - 'bout to purchase - thoughts?

prnguinpoo

Newly Enlightened
After following the thread of the Archer 2A V2 (close enough to the 1A which I want) not working and now its working...

I am just about to buy one, as looks solid (tail on/off so no drain), seperate and simple mode switch via dedicated button, decent run times @ lumens etc...

For comparison, the MT1A was also an option (Archer 1A is £20.30 and MT1A is £25), price and (more importantly) more simple UI gave the edge to the Archer 1A v2.

Would have loved an SC52 L2, but cheapest I could find that was £41 :-(

Thoughts and opinions? OR even better, where to get a few SC52 L2's cheaper!

Thanks!

Berneck1

Enlightened
I have the 2AV2. Nice light. Solidly built. Haven't had any issues. It's a good performer for the price. Thrunite has had some quality issues, but their customer service has been good. I feel like they are getting better as more people buy their lights.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Torpedo

Newly Enlightened
I have had the 1A and the 2A in NW for a couple weeks now with no issues, and have several other Thrunites for the past couple years with no problems.I like the way the clip fits the 1a as it fits great in cargo pants. Both the 1a and 2a have very nice beams with decent throw, but still has good spill. The other light you were looking at, the MT1a was one of the few lights I have had a problem with as it lost all the low modes after about a month of use.

Patagonicus

Newly Enlightened
yeah, for some reason thought yours was a 2a v2.

No worries. If it helps you out any in your decision making, I'd still buy the light over again, and I think I'll continue to buy Thrunite lights in the future. The Archer 1A V2 was my 4th light from them, and so far the first 3 have been 100% solid.