What are the options in coin cell flashlights?

buddyrohr

Removed by his own request
I have an Inova and somewhere i have another led light that has a quadrangular case but I cant remember the name of it. these run on coin cell batteries like you find in a watch. another one is photon microlight but i didnt try one.is there a thread on these i am wondering what the good ones are. i have to say i am pretty happy with my inova i have had it for over 10 years possibly 15 and its still on the same battery. i dont use it much but when i need it it works. usually for finding keyholes in the dark. goes on a keychain and weighs nothing. kinda cool little light.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have a phone that charges with a micro USB, the NiteCore Tube is a bright, floody option for such a small light. I like Photon, but with the Tube, you will not have to buy batteries.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a few others. There are a couple of coin lights built into carabiners, I think S&W and Niteize. Niteize also makes a bunch of other LED lights and things that use button cells. I like the Photon lights a lot, but for the price I will take a Tube instead. One thing I did do was buy about a dozen Titanium Innovations button cell lights for about $1.00 each. I put one on the zipper of every coat, jacket, and fleece I own, as well as some of the zippers on my two BOBs. The cells are replaceable, but at their price point it is just about as cheap to just buy another light.

buddyrohr

Removed by his own request
thanks guys ill look into this tube thing i like your idea about hanging them on zippers they come in handy

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I have a few on coat zippers as well. Great emergency lighting for winter, which is when it's most often dark anyway. They take up no pocket space, being attached to a zipper. So far, I haven't had a need for them, but they're really only there in case my primary light fails (which it never has).

They really won't illuminate much, except at close range. I guess you could also use them on kids' coats, to make them visible at night.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I have a few on coat zippers as well. Great emergency lighting for winter, which is when it's most often dark anyway. They take up no pocket space, being attached to a zipper. So far, I haven't had a need for them, but they're really only there in case my primary light fails (which it never has).

They really won't illuminate much, except at close range. I guess you could also use them on kids' coats, to make them visible at night.
If you are concerned about a child's visibility at night, a coin cell light basically pointing at the ground won't do. The ideal would be reflective stripes on both sleeves and/or front and back, and good luck getting the child to go along with that. An alternative would be a flashing armband visible from front and rear, but the problem there, apart from getting them to use it at all, is them remembering to turn it on, then off again after use. A blinking light that isn't turned on or that has a dead battery doesn't blink very much.
Bright colored clothing is always more visible than dark.
My concept of having a light on the zipper is just that it is always there. Not so much for traveling, since it is not very bright and not very visible, but for close-up tasks in darker areas like unlocking doors and looking for dropped items.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
Vihn modifies the Tube into the TubeVN for a super key chain light. Jason at Prometheus Lights has a HCRI keychain light and the BetaQR. My preference is the Veleno Quantum D2.