Eagtac TX25c2--intermittent problems?

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE---PROBLEM FIXED!

Strangely enough, it seems to have been the front bezel, which was very loose. I tightened that up a bit, and the light works without any problems.

Hi all!

Has anyone else had trouble with their TX25C2 working intermittently?

I press the switch and it sometimes comes on fine, sometimes does not come on at all. Happens the same in all modes.

It seems to have something to do with the threads between the head and the battery-tube, because when I twist it a bit, or sometimes just flex the head against the body, it will turn on. But then when the side-pressure is released, it will turn off again.

The switch does not seem to be involved at all. And I have the rear tail-cap clean and tight, with no interference from the pocket-clip. I am using AW IMR button-tops, so the battery is good. The inside of the head where the contacts are all looks clean.

The only thing that strikes me as notable is that there is a lot of lube between head and body (greyish, with some darker aluminum-dust in it), and that subjecting the head to various kinds of pressure against the body seems to make the difference in causing it to turn on or off.

Anyone else have similar experiences? And ideas for a permanent cure?

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
This questions gets asked a lot.
It's the threads.
Clean the threads thoroughly.
Use q-tips.
Repeat cleaning when it happens again.