LED recap: Bit lost

prnguinpoo

Newly Enlightened
HI All, just a bit lost to the current latest LEDS,

So I guess they are:

XP-G2 which is the latest small LED
XM-L2 latest LED for larger torches?

I noticed some are using the XM-L - I guess this is an old LED? Any thing I have missed?

seasam

Newly Enlightened
you might also check out:

XP-L
XP-L high intensity (coming soon)
XHP70/XHP50

and I'm sure someone who knows a whole bunch about this will chime in for you soon :twothumbs

prnguinpoo

Newly Enlightened
you might also check out:

XP-L
XP-L high intensity (coming soon)
XHP70/XHP50

and I'm sure someone who knows a whole bunch about this will chime in for you soon :twothumbs

Yep hope so...

I think I have seen XP-L and assumed it was an old one (I mis read it as XM-L, thinking it was the one before the XM-L2)

I think the G2 is quite old no?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
HI All, just a bit lost to the current latest LEDS,

So I guess they are:

XP-G2 which is the latest small LED
XM-L2 latest LED for larger torches?

I noticed some are using the XM-L - I guess this is an old LED? Any thing I have missed?

They are different is sizes for example. There are ones a lot smaller than the XPG2 for example, and the XPG2 is smaller than the XML2, but the XPL is newer, and is more like an XML2 on a smaller pad so more can fit into the same foot print, etc....and, yes, the XML is the predecessor of the XML2.

Its not about how large the light it goes into is. The smaller the LED, generally, the less light it can emit, but, the farther than small amount of light can be thrown, for a given reflector size, etc. So, a maker might choose an XPG2 to maximize the range of the light with a small, long range spot....or, use an XML2 to get a more floody pattern in the same sized reflector, and so forth.

swan

Banned
Although there are many cree emitters available, here are some of the latest common, most powerful:

* XP-E2 R4 329-352 lumens at 1 amp

* XP-G2 S4 626-655 lumens at 1.5 amps

* XM-L2 U3 1193-1268 lumens at 3 amps

* XP-L V6 735 lumens at 1.5 amps 1226 lumens at 3 amps.