Two Old Classic Lights

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I received in the mail two flashlights which I consider to be classics; a Nitecore D10 and D20. My very first light was a D10 which I used as an EDC light for years until the lens broke, I decided to retire it at that point and have collected the PD lights ever since. I have several I use for EDC, a D11.2 and EX11.2 and then a few I keep as a part of my collection. The PD series was the one which started my interest in flashlights and has a special interest for me as a result. Even more, I find the UI perfect for EDC since I can quickly switch from high to low with two quick presses or I can ramp anywhere in between. It has the benefits of a magnetic ring while having the quick shortcuts (similar to ZL without a medium) all in one button. Yes these lights have had many QC issues over the years, but when you get a good one it'll last a long time. CPF member desmobob was kind enough to sell me his D10 and D20, pics are below :twothumbs

CSC_1034_zpstbvfilz8.jpg

CSC_1035_zpss3sh6led.jpg

For those who have never seen a D20 in person, there is no other 2AA light out there like it IMO. The weight of it is perfect, sturdy, well balanced and the anodizing is excellent on this copy.
CSC_1037_zpscldhpadb.jpg

desmobob

Enlightened
I am very happy that they made you happy! They are great lights... the D20 is one classy piece and the D10 is a very capable, easy-to-pocket light. I didn't use the clip, but added a GITD zipper pull fob and carried it loose in my pocket. I also used it a lot in a Jakstrap brand headband as a headlamp.

It's nice to hear they found a good, loving home. :)

Enjoy them in good health,
Bob

LedTed

Enlightened
I (and I'm sure many others of us here) understand your enthusiasm.

Like you, the PD UI is my favorite. The NiteCore D10 was the one light which really got me hooked on LED flashlights. The pocket clip on the D10 (IMHO) is perfect for EDC. And, the way the D20 all comes together does put it in its own class.

Congrats on your very nice lights.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes great lights and UI. Both are as smooth as butter and super easy to maintain. I really wish Nitecore would revisit the PD series and make an 18650 version as well as a 18350 version. Imagine the lumens from an 18350 with the small portability, would be quite a light. The thing I liked about the D10 clip was it had great retention without tearing your pants like some other pocket clips do and didn't come loose either.