Suggestion to Nitecore

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
With all the interest and popularity in the Nitecore PD series I decided to email them about it and see what they said. I realize these lights years ago had a great number of QC issues, however there were many who enjoyed the series profoundly and would love to see them go at it again along with new designs such as an 18650 PD light or 18350 as well. I sent them an email last night and received a response within 6 hours, which is commendable btw for such a large company. As I understand the rules I can't post their exact response, but basically they said they do not currently have plans to resurrect the series as of yet, but if enough interest was expressed they might consider it. They also said they would pass this on to the marketing team.

So here is the question for you guys, first how many would like to see them make another run of PD lights hopefully improving the quality control and adding new features?

Second, would it be worthwhile for those interested to email them this as well so they can see their is renewed interest in them again? Maybe we can get a dealer involved to express interest in this series? Anyone have any thoughts or feedback on this idea?

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure the link is here, I filled it out as a suggestion and just let them know my interest in bringing the PD series back and some suggestions for it. http://flashlight.nitecore.com/contact-us

i would love to see an 18650 PD light.. Can you imagine what that would be like? Instant moonlight shortcut and instant turbo, maybe add a third shortcut for a medium level while retaining the ramping feature also? It could be quite compact too since a magnetic ring would not be needed and if they up their QC it would be a great light. Also an 18350 PD light would be good and an update AA/rcr lights too.

LedTed

Enlightened
I too would like and could actually use an EX11.2 (EX12), powered by an 18650, and providing light from a XM-L2. I'd like 350 constant OTF lumens and the same EX11.2 interface.

I think the best way to get this to happen is to have a distributor place an order; similar to the case of the D10 Tribute. In that case, the distributor would probably want to first fill a pre-order. And, in that case, I'd be in for a few.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to express my interest that I have no interest in them resurrecting the PD series.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still like the form factor, both the D10 and the EX10. The one missing element in the UI was that it remember the user set level after having used a shortcut to max or min. This is how the LF2XT did it, and it was the missing link. Since Lightflux is dead, I doubt there would be an issue adding that key UI feature.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if Foursevens would be helpful in maybe encouraging Nitecore to bring these back? I remember back in the day they were heavily involved with the PD lights and maybe they could help get this back in production?