How do I get mOar FLOOD ?

freman

Newly Enlightened

So I got my tk35 fixed and working, happy happy joy joy :)
It's been two years since I turned it on, and it's not as impressive as I remembered it to be.
I'd like to make it more floody, if possible. When i'm walking through a dark forest, I want to see all the scary monsters on either side of the trail.

Is it possible to add flood on a tk-35?

Fast-tech sells glass lenses, leds and reflectors. Which one's should I be buying ?

markr6

Flashaholic
A cheap and easy way is to stick on some d-c-fix. A member here sells it for cheap - a small sheet for $2 or something like that. It peels off if you change your mind. I use it on my headlamps and really like the effect without losing too much output.

See Phaserburn's Diffusion Film thread...I assume he's still selling it.

Enlightened
If you like the form factor and UI, you could always buy a TK35UE to keep your TK35 company.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast

So I got my tk35 fixed and working, happy happy joy joy :)
It's been two years since I turned it on, and it's not as impressive as I remembered it to be.
I'd like to make it more floody, if possible. When i'm walking through a dark forest, I want to see all the scary monsters on either side of the trail.

Is it possible to add flood on a tk-35?

Fast-tech sells glass lenses, leds and reflectors. Which one's should I be buying ?
Right, the first thing you need to do, is define what you mean by flood. I say this, because it means different things to different people. And looking at what you said, "I want to see all the scary monsters on either side of the trail", sounds to me that you are wanting a wider beam angle.

The reason I say this is that the first reply from markr6, they describe what is often regarded as a great way to get more flood. However it won't make the beam wider.

For me, there are two ways of looking at flood. One is a smooth beam with no hot spot and a generally even distribution of light. Optics such as aspheric and TIR lenses can achieve this, or as suggested diffuser film. The diffuser film will smooth the beam out, at the slight cost of a few lumens and will reduce throw.

The optics won't loose the lumens so much, but also won't throw much either.

Mule lights, i.e. remove the reflector are another way of achieving a similar result.

The other side of flood, is not so much the even beam, but simply illuminating a wider area. For this a shallower reflector or multiple leds are likely to be needed.

The reason I say this is, attaining either affect with your TK-35 will result in a different mod.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beam will be wider with diffusion film. Normally you got the angle of the reflector that determin the angle of the spill beam. With diffuser film, the only thing to block out a 180 degree spill, will be a bezel.