*New* Fenix PD25,Cree XP-L LED,max 550 lumens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicstone12

Banned
Edit: Possible shilling thread closed.
FYI; While discussion threads are of course permitted, creating a thread by merely posting a website hyperlink & a 'file pic' is not an acceptable discussion opener.

Last edited by a moderator:

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here I was thinking I was pretty cool that I had a PD22UE now that they are discontinued, and then along comes the PD25. It looks almost identical except for the side switch is a bit different. PD25 is $5 less but doesn't come with a diffuser. If both were available, I'd probably opt for the PD25 since the list price is less.......don't really need the diffuser since I already had one. Glad they kept the tail cap switch. I'm not really a fan of the electronic switches.

Chay

Newly Enlightened
This explains why my local shop stopped selling the PD22UE. It's not too much of a difference between the two lights though. Although that metal side button seems pretty nice.

Chay

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if the PD25 can tailstand?

Thanks,
-Chuck

With the same rear clicky switch as the PD22UE, I would assume it can 'sort of' tailstand, meaning if you slightly lean it on an angle, it can.

mindquest

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone own the PD25 and can let me know how well the clip is holding up? Saw a couple reviews that the clip is very flimsy.

Thanks!

wjv

Enlightened
The clip is quite strong.

My pet peeve is the mild green tint.

For what there lights cost, I would think that the manufacturers could do some tint QC. But is really does light up a large area, and when using it outdoors the tint is a non-issue.

mindquest

Newly Enlightened

For what there lights cost, I would think that the manufacturers could do some tint QC. But is really does light up a large area, and when using it outdoors the tint is a non-issue.

So you would still buy this again? I am picking up the PD35 TAC as well but wanted a smaller light to keep in my pocket at all times. If you have an alternate suggestion please pass it along.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Curious, what are you driving it with, CR or RCR?

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can there be a difference running it on a 16340 vs cr123a?
I have no idea if tint would be effected, but output would.

Just light checking I read 400 or so on CR, I'm guessing you need the rechargeable to hit 550.
I could be wrong but that's from a quick search.

torchflux

Newly Enlightened
Thanks wjv for the comments.

If anyone happens to own both the PD22UE and PD25, and could please give an evaluation / compare-contrast of both lights (e.g. some minor differences in output on settings) and their performance, UIs etc. it'd be appreciated.

wjv

Enlightened
So you would still buy this again? I am picking up the PD35 TAC as well but wanted a smaller light to keep in my pocket at all times. If you have an alternate suggestion please pass it along.

I think it's a good light and the tint isn't horrible. Most noticeable on the lower settings.
As a pocket light I still like the Spark SG-5. Very floody, but a focused lens is available for a few bucks.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks wjv for the comments.

If anyone happens to own both the PD22UE and PD25, and could please give an evaluation / compare-contrast of both lights (e.g. some minor differences in output on settings) and their performance, UIs etc. it'd be appreciated.
I have the PD22UE and was thinking of getting the PD25. I asked someone at Feanix Gear if they thought it was worth getting the PD25 if I already had the PD22UE and he said personally he wouldn't. That still doesn't satisfy my curiosity though and if enticed with the right deal will probably get one anyhow.

wjv

Enlightened
The driving factor for me in buying the PD25 was the run time. 150 lumens for 3:15!!! About the best run time I could find in any 1xCR123 light!

I also have a 190 lumen PD22 XP-G (R5).

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The driving factor for me in buying the PD25 was the run time. 150 lumens for 3:15!!! About the best run time I could find in any 1xCR123 light!

I also have a 190 lumen PD22 XP-G (R5).
Nice, that kills my Olight S10R, 85 @ 3.5 hours.
Fenix top end is stronger too.

Edit, I forgot, that's based on a CR....hmmm

Ugh I know what this means.

Status
Not open for further replies.