Moonlight level variance in 4sevens Atom A0 Ti Nichia CPF 15 yr anniversary edition.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered one last week, liked it so much that I ordered another a few days later, maybe as a gift or just because, to be decided.
The two are numbered 10 apart but the second one arrives with a much brighter low.
Holding them side by side and considering the inverse power square law, the second one seems to be nearly 4 times brighter than the first, as the first one needs to be about 6 inches away from the wall to match the second at 12 inches.

Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone else had noticed this (or if anyone else felt compelled to get 2 in the first place, lol), and if there's anyone who wished they'd gotten a lower low and might be interested in swapping.

When I got the first one I went ahead and ran an eneloop down on high to see how the run time held up (2+hours). It never seemed to get very warm but on the outside chance that the led isn't well heat sinked, and the newer one is brighter because I damaged the first one with the 2 hour burn, I'm burning in the second one on high as well. I'll check the relative lows between them with fresh batteries in about 2 hours.

nbp

Flashaholic
Mine is wonky like that too. I asked about it in the sales thread on the MP and no one ever responded. My two modes are barely distinguishable. When I got it i thought it was goofed up and I only had one mode as I couldn't see a difference. I went in a dark closet and switched modes a dozen times. Sure enought it was two modes, but instead of being <1 lumen on low it is comparable to my Mako - probably 5 lumens. I didn't bother to complain as I don't care that much. Mostly I got it for the CPF edition thing.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be curious about your run time on high with known battery.
These two seem comparable on high but the one with the very dim low ran nearly 2 hours and fifteen min before conking out to a slow blink, while the brighter one surprised me and died sometime while I was making dinner, stopped the clock at ninety minutes.
I'll measure milliamps next and run time them more carefully, recharge the batteries and switch them between the lights for a third run on high, and then eventually do the low runtimes on them too.
I'm thinking I'll keep them both, that short runtime with the brighter one changed my perspective.

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one and lucked out - modes are about ideal for me. In my light box, IIRC, low is between ~0.4-0.7 lms (depending upon Eneloop state of charge) and high is ~15 lms. I ran high for 3 hours (750 Eneloop), so it's still ~45 lm-hrs equivalent spec. Personally, I wish it where 10 lms for 4.5 hrs.