UPDATE Fenix: Total Fail On Warranty Repair

scm54449

Newly Enlightened
After waiting for more than four months, Fenix Ltd in China FINALLY returned my "repaired" LD25. In Camping Mode and Signal Mode the flashlight functions normally. In Outdoor mode the flashlight does not output 180 lumens in Mode B. All it will do is output 45 lumens in Mode A.

FWIW, any manufacturer can have one of their products fail. Completely understandable. What highlights the differences between a good company and a poor one is how do they service that product and owner. I followed the explicit instructions of Fenix Ltd in China and my reward was to wait more than four months to get my flashlight back...only to discover it still does not function normally. Feel free to draw your own conclusions. :thinking: :whistle: :thumbsdow

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
After waiting for more than four months, Fenix Ltd in China FINALLY returned my "repaired" LD25. In Camping Mode and Signal Mode the flashlight functions normally. In Outdoor mode the flashlight does not output 180 lumens in Mode B. All it will do is output 45 lumens in Mode A.

FWIW, any manufacturer can have one of their products fail. Completely understandable. What highlights the differences between a good company and a poor one is how do they service that product and owner. I followed the explicit instructions of Fenix Ltd in China and my reward was to wait more than four months to get my flashlight back...only to discover it still does not function normally. Feel free to draw your own conclusions. :thinking: :whistle: :thumbsdow

I can sympathize with your dissatisfaction, but there's enough people with functioning Fenix lights or who have received good service that will keep buying Fenix. Negative reviews would have a lot more impact only if the problems were widespread, or like me, people were more risk-averse, in which case, perhaps businesses would have to work a lot harder to gain and keep their customers' trust and loyalty.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Appreciate the update, companies that stand behind their products with good warranties and customer service are important purchase factors for me and that includes covering the international mailing delays, costs, and risks of loss if the light is manufactured overseas. There's at least one, and now hopefully two, Asian-manufacturers that do cover all of this (ie, they'll just swap new parts from US stock within ~ week).

After recently waiting 5 weeks to receive a new purchase shipped in from China, I now realize that I would rather dispose of a failed light rather than deal with the international mailing hassles and/or associated wait for back-to-China repairs.