Supbeam K50 vs. Fenix LD75C

odessadream

Newly Enlightened
Is there already a comparison review between those to flashlights ?
Which one gives the largest throw ?

Last edited by a moderator:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are three reviews up for the Fenix LD75C.

Then there is the Vinh modified LD75Cvn.

Haven't seen a review on the Acebeam K50. Vinh has a few pics of the K50 comparing it to the modified lights.

Budget Light Forum has had a group buy on the K50, so you might want to take a gander over there.

odessadream

Newly Enlightened
you have a link to those 3 reviews of the Fenix DL75C ?

There are three reviews up for the Fenix LD75C.

Then there is the Vinh modified LD75Cvn.

Haven't seen a review on the Acebeam K50. Vinh has a few pics of the K50 comparing it to the modified lights.

Budget Light Forum has had a group buy on the K50, so you might want to take a gander over there.

odessadream

Newly Enlightened
I read some warnings about defective battery holders for the K50 V2 which could even result in explosions. Is this problem solved by Acebeam/Supbeam ?

odessadream

Newly Enlightened
You have tested the LD75c extensively, so how do you like it now after some weeks/months ?
In some reviews the shape of the beam (on a flat wall) seam very different. In some cases the bright spot in the middle looks almost perfect circular and in other reviews you see a butterfly shape. Is it very dependant on the sample you buy so just a matter of luck how good the LEDs are positioned in the reflectors ?

kj2

Flashaholic
You have tested the LD75c extensively, so how do you like it now after some weeks/months ?
In some reviews the shape of the beam (on a flat wall) seam very different. In some cases the bright spot in the middle looks almost perfect circular and in other reviews you see a butterfly shape. Is it very dependant on the sample you buy so just a matter of luck how good the LEDs are positioned in the reflectors ?
I still like it. Of course, since summer is here I don't use it very often. Hotspot on my sample isn't perfect circular. That is hard to get, when you deal with more than one led. But in the outdoors, I don't notice it at all.
Good led-centering is always a 'lottery'.

Which charger do you recommend to charge 4 18650 at once ?
I've a Xtar XP4 to charge four batteries at the same time. Also have a VP1 so I can check the voltage.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here is my LD75C review.

As I mentioned in my review, coupled with the overlapping reflector wells, there are spillbeam artifacts. But, it absolutely depends on what distance and what output level you are using the light. As with multi-LEDs lights with overlapping reflector wells, there are artifacts in the spillbeam. Not that bad. The hotspot is almost circular on my sample though, as you say.

odessadream

Newly Enlightened
I have read already your review about the K50 V2, thanks it is a superb review :)
If I would be able to buy the K50 V2 in The Netherlands I would do it in an instant. Unfortunately it is not possible to buy it here.
Buy the way what is the difference between the K50 and the K50 V2 ?

The Eagletac MX25L4 with one SBT-70 LED (circular dedomed LED) seems to be a very good and very compact thrower swell. Any experience with this one ?

I have not seen about that matter here in CPF. Where did you see or hear about that?
Here is my review for the K50 V2.
I have a K50 V2 and not found that issue.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy the way what is the difference between the K50 and the K50 V2 ?
The difference is head size (i.e., V2 has a bigger one and more thrower.)

The Eagletac MX25L4 with one SBT-70 LED (circular dedomed LED) seems to be a very good and very compact thrower swell. Any experience with this one ?

I'm sorry. No MX25L4s are sold in my country.

HIDSGT

Enlightened
too bad it has the stupid twist mechanism to turn it on. so useless! put a button there like the rest of the flashlight world does so it can be operated with ONE hand vs. TWO.