Issue with my Novatac 120P

bushido-sig

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I was messing around with my Novatac 120P and now it's acting funny. I initially had it programmed where one click would turn the light on high, followed by two clicks will set it to a low setting, and a press would activate the strobe. After mucking around with the programming, the light does not turn on with a single click and will only activate if I press and hold the button, where a few flashes of low light will come on. When I removed the battery and left it out for five minutes or so, my initial setting is restored but after a few minutes, it reverts back to the having to press and hold the switch for a couple of flashes of low light. I used fresh batteries and I still get the same result.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

gianetics

Enlightened
start with cleaning all the contacts. especially the spring ends inside the battery tube that send the switch signal. how old is the 120p?. check all the contact rings in the head and tail. each will have three rings. if you have a dmm check between the center ring and outer ring on the tailswitch. they should have continuity. then check the middle ring and either the outer ring or center ring it should have continuity if you press the clicky. if there is a problem with the driver your f'ed because they are potted. i bet cleaning all contacts and looking for shorts will fix the issue. i dont remember the head contact switch i can test it when i get home.

bushido-sig

Newly Enlightened
The 120P is from the first release, 6 years old?

I'll give it a good scrubbing and see how it works out. I hope the driver is not messed up. I haven't used it much and the only thing I was doing to it was clicking the tactical switch on it, which I replaced the original switch with.

Thanks!