• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 4000+ Lumen Maglite with Cree XHP-70 LED!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
FS: 4000+ Lumen Maglite with Cree XHP-70 LED!

The ASX70 utilizes the most cutting edge technology available in the world today. The Cree XHP-70 direct bonded to a copper mcpcb, coupled with the extreme drive current of a custom circuit board delivers OCEANS of light with the click of a swich.

In addition the multilevel brightness feature offers perfectly usable amounts of light for any occasion, and long extended run times.

The ASX70 is is both a powerful tool, and an exhilarating toy. Watch the look on your friends faces when they see and feel the shock wave of power barreling out of the end of this light!!

SPECS:
- 2 D cell Maglite host ( choice of color)
- Cree XHP-70 emitter
- Solid copper heat sink
- Custom body sleeve and recessed tail spring
- Powered by 2 x 26650s ( not included)
- Custom high output Driver, and user interface
- High temp glass lens 94% transparent

EMITTER OPTIONS:
N4 ( highest brightness bin)

N2

M2

The rated output of 4000+ lumens is based on use of N4 bins, so actual output may be slightly below that when lower bins are used.

USER INTERFACE
1. My most popular UI the "Sport"

The UI consists of 4 groups.
1. Ramp mode low to high with memory.
2. Low 2%, Med 25%, High 100% with memory.
3. Low 2% Med 25%, High 100%, Srobe, SOS, Beacon, NO memory.
4. High 100%, Low 15%.

The light will come preset to your choice of group if needed.
Mode groups are switched by 8 fast clicks <.25 sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSSQxqZH290

OPTION 2
DrJones Universal guppy2drv
This firmware can be left with the programming mode "open" so all of the groups are available. Or you can choose ONE and it can be permanently locked in essentially giving you only the modes in the group number.

User Selectable Groups:

1% - 25% - 100% | Memory
1% - 25% - 100% | No Memory
100% - 25% - 1% | No Memory
1% - 25% - 100% - Strobe | No Memory
1% - 25% - 100% - Strobe | Memory
10% - 100% | Memory
10% - 100% | No Memory
100% - 10% | No Memory
100%
100% - Strobe | No Memory
Strobe - 100% | No Memory
ML - 2% - 25% - 100% | Memory
ML - 2% - 25% - 100% - Strobe - Beacon | No Memory
ML - 100% | No Memory
100% - ML | No Memory
ML - 100% | Memory
ML - 1% - 5% - 15% - 40% - 100% | Memory
ML - 1% - 5% - 15% - 40% - 100% | No Memory
100% - 40% - 15% - 5% - 1% - ML | No Memory
100% - 40% - 15% - 5% - 1% - ML | Memory
1% - 5% - 15% - 40% - 100% | Memory
1% - 5% - 15% - 40% - 100% | No Memory
100% - 40% - 15% - 5% - 1% | No Memory
100% - 40% - 15% - 5% - 1% | Memory

Guppydrv ?Instructions

To switch mode groups: rapidly tap the switch 8 times, the light will then enter the programming mode and begin to flash. With the light in programming mode, tap the switch the same number of times as your desired mode group. The light will blink and your mode group will be memorized.

Example: To select mode group 3, tap the switch 8 times quickly to enter programming mode. As soon as the light enters programming mode and beings flashing, tap the switch three times. The light will blink to recognize the mode group change.

To lock the mode groups: Solder Star 2 to ground. This must be done before the driver is installed. If you want your group locked just make a note of it in paypal

PLEASE BE SURE TO:
1. Leave your CPF handle AND details of you order in PAYPAL NOTES. Including emitter color, host color and UI.

Also please leave these details in the thread.

Lead time for these will be around 3-5 weeks

Disclaimer:
ASflashligts not affiliated with Mag instrument inc. which owns the MAG family of trade marks including Mag-Lite and Mini-Maglite. My custom shorty flashlights are not made, endorsed, recommended, licensed or approved by Mag instruments inc.

List Date: 5/12/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: FS: 4000+ Lumen Maglite with Cree XHP-70 LED!
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $265.00

--------------------------------------
candlepowerforums

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. bradleyj37 ( 5700k, guppy, black) Shipped
2. dlmorgan (5000K, guppy, purple) Shipped
3. moshow9 ( 3500k, guppy, black) Shipped
4. damien ( 5000k, guppy 5L blue) Shipped
5. wolfstyle (5700k, guppy, green) Shipped
6. tab665 ( 5700k, guppy, grey) Shipped
7. Flash-O-Maniac (5700k, black, guppy,) Shipped

Last edited:

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting...what do you reckon how long will the host be "too hot to handle" running continuously at around 60~70% level?

Will you also offer the same build with a MT-G2 5000K? That will be my preferred setup seeing how much I enjoyed my MT-G2 drop in. Cheers :)

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting...what do you reckon how long will the host be "too hot to handle" running continuously at around 60~70% level?

Will you also offer the same build with a MT-G2 5000K? That will be my preferred setup seeing how much I enjoyed my MT-G2 drop in. Cheers :)

Wide open ten at ten minutes the head is pretty hot. I would speculate at this point on a 60% setting the heat would have a little time to dissipate, so I'm thinking 20-25 min or so.

Yes, I could do an MT-G2 5000K in this if you like.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to throw it out there since I have that exact same heatsink from Ventureblood on a 2D Maglite too.

I actually had an XHP70 on mine just as you see in the pictures. I replaced it with a dedomed 6000K tint XPL from Mtnelectronics and a 6A driver.

While not as bright because of the XPL at 6A and dedomed you will be rewarded with 125K~175K lux depending on which reflector you choose. Also, the output seems to my eyes similar to MTG2's at full 40watts so, its no slouch. The weird part is the XPL dedomed tint is way way cooler than my MTG2's 5K tint variants. Its the first LED I don't see that ugly green tint shift.

Very cool for you to try this out:D

Just throwing out there an other option using that awesome copper heatsink has a lot of opportunities to drive LED's way past their specs and still get a ton of output.

bigC

Last edited:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to see you got this up and running in a Maglite set up. I'm very impressed with the output from my 6P XHP drop in that I received from you. The throw is decent and the spill is HUGE. How does the larger reflector of this light compare to the 6P beam? Poss a side by side comparison could be done? :popcorn: I'm just thinking there's got to be a way of harnessing even more light from this wicked little LED and possibly a little more throw?

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
???

Glad to see you got this up and running in a Maglite set up. I'm very impressed with the output from my 6P XHP drop in that I received from you. The throw is decent and the spill is HUGE. How does the largereflector of this light compare to the 6P beam? Poss a side by side comparison could be done? :popcorn: I'm just thinking there's got to be a way of harnessing even more light from this wicked little LED and possibly a little more throw?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to see you got this up and running in a Maglite set up. I'm very impressed with the output from my 6P XHP drop in that I received from you. The throw is decent and the spill is HUGE. How does the larger reflector of this light compare to the 6P beam? Poss a side by side comparison could be done? :popcorn: I'm just thinking there's got to be a way of harnessing even more light from this wicked little LED and possibly a little more throw?

Thanks dj. Yes, this has a bout a 1000 lumen jump on the P60, and much more throw. There's a tree line about 200 yards from my house that Mag will drench quite effectively. The rest of the parts for the drivers will be here in few days. I will put together more of the P60s then and see if I can get a reasonable beam shot for comparison.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vestureofblood does some amazing work folks.

I own one of his custom mag builds and the quality of his work is top notch!
Plus he's a great person to deal with as well :)

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1, VoB makes amazing stuff!!! Amongst my favorite guys and products!

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take one of these, but I don't know what host colors are available, and I didn't see it anywhere in the thread. I like the color in your photo (blue or purple - I can't quite tell). Can you please let me know the color choices?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1, VoB makes amazing stuff!!! Amongst my favorite guys and products!

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot.

I'll take one of these, but I don't know what host colors are available, and I didn't see it anywhere in the thread. I like the color in your photo (blue or purple - I can't quite tell). Can you please let me know the color choices?

dl,

Really you could have about any color that is readily available. Zbattery dot com has a list of most of the color options in 2D. Any of those would be a choice. I can put this engine in the more rare colored hosts too, if you already have one.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are the beam shot comparing the P60X and the ASX70 as requested.

Distance to the large tree is 116 feet.

ASX70

Distance to the Twins in the field is 345 feet

Copper P60

ASX70

I have to admit I was a bit surprised the P60 could even touch those trees at 100+ yards, however its clearly reached its limit at that distance. While the ASX70 still had a good bit of showing off to do.

Lets just say if I was a cop and you were a crook you'd have to do some fast running to get far enough away for this baby not to find ya. LOL! :poof:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks much VOB! That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll ask a few questions here as others may have the same;

IMR's recommended correct?

These are also DD like your P60 drop ins I assume?

Using top quality cells, best guesstimation on runtime at say, 100 and 40% respectively?

Are you able to make these or are they any shorter than a stock 2D mag?

thanks again for taking the time to compre this to your awesome P60 drop in, which btw I'm loving &#55357;&#56397;