Nitecore EA41 Pioneer died after 9 months :(

Dr.444

Enlightened
Hey ....

My EA41 was working fine , while using it the emitter flickered a couple of times then went very dim !!
I changed the batteries & nothing happened still very dim like 0.01 lumen ..... !

Well ......... it was nice while it lasted :(

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
What mode was it on when this happened? What brand and type of batteries are you using? Try taking the batteries out completely and leaving them out for an hour or so to see if that will help. It sounds like it may be stuck in moonlight mode possibly. If all else fails it should be in the 5 year warranty provided by Nitecore, they should take care of you.

Enlightened
Hey .... My EA41 was working fine , while using it the emitter flickered a couple of times then went very dim !! I changed the batteries & nothing happened still very dim like 0.01 lumen ..... ! Well ......... it was nice while it lasted :(
I wonder if this is the same issue that took out my EA8 and those of many other people on the forum.

Dr.444

Enlightened
What mode was it on when this happened? What brand and type of batteries are you using? Try taking the batteries out completely and leaving them out for an hour or so to see if that will help. It sounds like it may be stuck in moonlight mode possibly. If all else fails it should be in the 5 year warranty provided by Nitecore, they should take care of you.

It was on Turbo Mode , i'm using Panasonic Eneloop 4th generation 2000 mAh !
Nope , still not working .... :shakehead

Dr.444

Enlightened
I wonder if this is the same issue that took out my EA8 and those of many other people on the forum.

Dunno , but everything still working ( modes - strobe - sos - beacon - battery indicator - lockout ) but very vey LOW !!!
and the blue light blinks rapidly with fresh batteries , don't know what happened inside ! :poke:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very strange haven't heard of this happening before with these lights. I would try contacting Nitecore about it they're usually pretty good in my experience with their warranty and should be able to get it taken care of, I'm not sure what happened with your light that's quite strange..

Dr.444

Enlightened
Very strange haven't heard of this happening before with these lights. I would try contacting Nitecore about it they're usually pretty good in my experience with their warranty and should be able to get it taken care of, I'm not sure what happened with your light that's quite strange..

Yes, that's very strange :shakehead , i will try contacting them .... problem is i live in Egypt & that's gonna take months for fix :thumbsdow

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
One other suggestion, you've probably already done this but have you tried cleaning the threads thoroughly and then putting a small amount of silicone grease or other lubricant on them? Have you cleaned the contacts thoroughly? Also try leaving the batteries out overnight and then try again tomorrow just to see if that does anything. Try putting it in lockout mode then back out of it. Just some suggestions worth trying :)

Enlightened
Dunno , but everything still working ( modes - strobe - sos - beacon - battery indicator - lockout ) but very vey LOW !!! and the blue light blinks rapidly with fresh batteries , don't know what happened inside ! :poke:
Those are the exact symptoms I had with my EA8. Others on the forum reported the same thing. It will turn on and the LED will glow very faintly and even change in brightness if you click the button to change modes. On mine the battery indicator would flash indicating low even on fresh batteries. At this point I wonder if they have a bad switch design or driver in their multi AA lights.

Dr.444

Enlightened
One other suggestion, you've probably already done this but have you tried cleaning the threads thoroughly and then putting a small amount of silicone grease or other lubricant on them? Have you cleaned the contacts thoroughly? Also try leaving the batteries out overnight and then try again tomorrow just to see if that does anything. Try putting it in lockout mode then back out of it. Just some suggestions worth trying :)

Thanks for suggestions :thumbsup:, yes i did try all this ... still noting !!

Dr.444

Enlightened
Those are the exact symptoms I had with my EA8. Others on the forum reported the same thing. It will turn on and the LED will glow very faintly and even change in brightness if you click the button to change modes. On mine the battery indicator would flash indicating low even on fresh batteries. At this point I wonder if they have a bad switch design or driver in their multi AA lights.

That's what i have exactly !! ,, also switch was skipping modes :crazy:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess at this point the best thing is to contact Nitecore and see what they say.. Let us know how it goes! The EA41 is a great flashlight one of my favorites really I've had mine for a few months and love it.

Dr.444

Enlightened
I guess at this point the best thing is to contact Nitecore and see what they say.. Let us know how it goes! The EA41 is a great flashlight one of my favorites really I've had mine for a few months and love it.

I contacted nitecore & waiting for their reply :poke:

Last edited:

Dr.444

Enlightened
Reply from Nitecore ...

Please return your EA41 to us following these instructions, we will return it as soon as we can !

........... :rolleyes: :twothumbs

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reply from Nitecore ...

Please return your EA41 to us following these instructions, we will return it as soon as we can !

........... :rolleyes: :twothumbs

Thats great! Even though it may take awhile to get back at least they are fulfilling their warranty and taking care of you! Let us know how the process goes, some companies are a pain to deal with for manufacturer warranties but Nitecore has always been pretty solid in my experience. Glad they're going to fix or replace it for you!

Dr.444

Enlightened
Thats great! Even though it may take awhile to get back at least they are fulfilling their warranty and taking care of you! Let us know how the process goes, some companies are a pain to deal with for manufacturer warranties but Nitecore has always been pretty solid in my experience. Glad they're going to fix or replace it for you!

Thanks Bro , sure i will :thumbsup:

Dr.444

Enlightened
Well .... i decided not to return the light to warranty since it's gonna take way too much time :(

They can fix it for sure , Nitecore & the seller asked me to return the light, but i will try to MOD it :eek:

Also, tear down thread should be coming tonight :naughty: