Fenix Let Me Down

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened
I've always been a big fan of Fenix lights. I often EDC three of them at the same time. They don't seem to be making the type of lights that I like. Preferably a single cell AA or AAA with an easy two mode UI with about 40 lumens on low and 120 on high. The old L1T or E11 were my lights of choice. Am I missing some other light that Fenix or another quality company makes?

markr6

Flashaholic
The new LD11 may work if you don't mind an extra lower mode. It has 3lm>50lm>130lm.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
For AA : LD11, LD12, E12 (The E12 is really good and close to what you want with 3 modes) if you are looking for a "newer" light.

For AAA : LD02, E05

Oh man.... just typing those makes me want to get a few of them. I've been wanting an LD02, LD12, and LD11 now.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I've always been a big fan of Fenix lights. I often EDC three of them at the same time. They don't seem to be making the type of lights that I like. Preferably a single cell AA or AAA with an easy two mode UI with about 40 lumens on low and 120 on high. The old L1T or E11 were my lights of choice. Am I missing some other light that Fenix or another quality company makes?

I was expecting to read a story about a light failing during a black out. IMHO a company not making what you want now is the not same as being let down.

buddyrohr

Removed by his own request
I was expecting to read a story about a light failing during a black out. IMHO a company not making what you want now is the not same as being let down.
ditto. the title was misleading.

but while we are on the wrong topic i wish fenix would make sublumen modes on their aa and aaa. i like the looks of their lights and some of their features but no sublumen mode is a deal breaker

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened
I like the ease and convenience of the two mode light where you twist the head if you want the other mode. So I do feel let down by them not offering it any more. If others and Fenix feel the newer lights are better or they can make more money by changing it then that's their right. Maybe they or another company will see a need to still make this type of light.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
ditto. the title was misleading.

but while we are on the wrong topic i wish fenix would make sublumen modes on their aa and aaa. i like the looks of their lights and some of their features but no sublumen mode is a deal breaker

It's all good. Here is something interesting. I have been using a Fenix HL50 and when running AA (also runs CR123) the low is so low it seems like a firefly. Lower than my Quark or ZL on 2.5 lumens. It's the lowest low I have seen from Fenix. I guess the duel fuel nature of the light might have something to do with that. Or maybe not? In any case the lack of low modes has for the most part pushed Fenix flashlights out of my pack.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Quark Tactical has the same loose/tight bezel, forward clicky UI as the E11, although it is a bit larger. You program any 2 modes of 8 choices.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sticking with just one brand can leave you in the dark.

VERY true. For instance, I like ALOT of lights by Zebralight. But they certainly don't have all bases covered. They have no 1xAAA, 2xAA, or 1x26650 lights. I had to look into other manufacturers for these lights.