New Niwalker Nova MM15MB Monster Bright Limited Edition with 7000 lumens

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link, and thanks for the heads up on this uber exciting item. I just left a phone message with GoingGear and I sent them an email, requesting this item.

Thanks again!

186kmps

Newly Enlightened
Great light ! A nice flooder with a little extra throw!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got mine from Vinh today. Nice and bright!

It does not spread bright light over a very wide area like the TN36UTvn does, but it feels a bit handier than the TN36UTvn, and the flood profile is wide enough. It is a nice step up in luminosity from the stock original MM15. The cool white emitters are closer to the neutral side.

186kmps

Newly Enlightened
Congratulations on the new light! How often do you use lock out feature? I would keep this light by bed on night stand for emergencies,as well as use it at work.Does standby blinking bother you?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I lock out during the day when I am sleeping (I am nocturnal).

I block the blinking standby light with a piece of black electrical tape.

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats richbuff, i have my xhp70 fix in the tk75 other wise it would be on my want list! Still a hige fan of the mm15vn MT-G2 flavour for the tint/flood and form factor:)

How does it compare the the mtg2 one, little cooler and little more throw maybe?

186kmps

Newly Enlightened
In selfbuilts review of the original light, he used "light dims" to lower the intensity of the blinking standby switch. He posted a link on a follow up request by some members who thought the blinking was distracting. They are not permanent, and you can vary the amount of "dimming" by how many you apply. Cool.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats richbuff, i have my xhp70 fix in the tk75 other wise it would be on my want list! Still a hige fan of the mm15vn MT-G2 flavour for the tint/flood and form factor:)

How does it compare the the mtg2 one, little cooler and little more throw maybe?
Thanks.

I can barely subjectively see any difference in throw with my untrained eye.

Tint is just a little bit cooler that the original MM15 MT-GT stock, but it is subjectively, to me, brighter/crisper light. I figured the jump up from 5,200 lumens to 9,000 lumens would be worth it, and, to me, it is worth it.

I skipped the 7,000 lumen stock MM15 MB and I also skipped the 7,000 lumen original Vn. So, I have the original lower end, and the highest end of the lumen scale for the beloved MM15. Vinh assured me that stuffing more than 9,000 lumens into this light is not on the horizon; this is max for this item.