thinking about custom-molding some blue 6P buttons

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like blue, it's my favorite color. My main flashlight has blue tritium, but the only fun pushbutton I could find is a green GITD from mountain electronics, if I remember correctly.

I've looked into what it will take to make a mold of an existing button, and it won't be easy. I believe I've found a company that can provide the proper shore A rated silicone rubber that I can tint to my preferred color. The fun part is that I could add in some blue glow powder, that'd be interesting.

Before I go through all of that for just a handful of buttons, any source available for blue buttons? I'm using the standard SF 6P tailcap on several lights, but this is the Ronac tri-tail.

Hmm, It looks like I don't have a current photo of my light with the trit vials in....
_MG_0276.jpg

jdl6mm

Newly Enlightened
I saw some blue ones somewhere. I'll look for them and try to find the site and post the link.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks AF, it was actually the darksucks blue button that got me thinking. I didn't know he sold them individually. I will send him an email, see if he will sell me a couple. Thanks for the suggestion - however the idea of a blue glowy button is still pretty fun.

Just because it's Friday, I snapped a photo of the light this morning.

~D

Last edited:

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ye, I did but some from Dark sucks, they fit nicely and are a nice dark blue.

That said, I still think custom making a version with blue glow powder in the mix would look great. Having looked into it, seems it will cost about $60 to buy the silicone rubber and blue tint. Also, they say you should not mix less than 3oz per batch, which would be a huge number of buttons. Way more than I need and would necessitate creating more molds than just the one or two I was thinking about.
Still, it would be a fun experiment

Attachments

• 1432499770783.jpg
    1432499770783.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts