The Dangers of Pants...

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you came here looking for zipper stories, sorry to disappoint... All men, by the time they reach my age, are fully aware of those dangers and are always careful when using the zipper.

However, there is another danger of which in my 30+ years of managing my own pants, I have never truly appreciated...

In order to tuck in my shirt this morning I pushed my hand down past the waist of my jeans. My fingernail caught on one of the rivets that hold the pocket together. It caught pretty good doing a not insignificant amount of damage during it's passing.

That happened this morning, and I've stopped bleeding on the keyboard enough that I can now type this message /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif And warn others of the dangers that await them just below the waist...

Pictures? What you want pictures? A picture would not accurately represent the damage, as it's already looking better, however you'll all agree with me that with any injury of the fingernail the experience far outweighs what you could guess from just looking at it anyway. And that way nobody can look at it and make snide comments about "Gee, that doesn't look so bad, you're such a whiner!"

I am NOT a whiner, it HURT!

So I beg you, when wearing jeans or other rivet reinforced clothing, be careful when tucking in your shirt! (or reaching past yours, or anybodies waistline for any reason...) Don't be in a hurry! Take your time and pay attention to safety! There are dangers and pitfalls in things we have been so accustomed to that we can no longer see the carelessness of what we do! We are apt to become complacent with thoughts of "I've done this every day of my life and nothing ever happened before." Please don't let this happen to you.

BEWARE THE DANGERS OF PANTS!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
You need to be aware of rips and holes too.
I got banned from McDonald's the other day, because "the mouse wasn't all the way in the house", so to speak. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif I knew there were some rips in the right leg, but when I sat in my wheelchair, somehow another rip developed in the "private area" that I wasn't aware of. But the security guard at the McDonald's at 3rd and Pine was aware of it, and let me know after I placed my food order. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Pants...dangerous things they are...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i've reached down my pants plenty of times, luckily i've never damaged my finger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

craig, that's just too darn funny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Oh no! Pants alert, upgrade security level at McDonalds!!!

mchomeland.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the warning James... people want to ban guns because they are dangerous. Why not ban pants too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif [J/k, please don't start a debate about gun control in this thread]

-Mike

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have had a security guard at our McDonalds for over 30 years. He is there on Weekends to keep crusiers and loitering to a minimum or to have someone there for the kids to taunt and torment. I don't know which is more common. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the most dangerous pants in the world are Lucky Jeans originally made for women. I was very happy the first time I found the warning label and was convinced it was accurate.

Size15's

Flashaholic
There are always guards at fastfood places after about 8ish.
Sometimes three or four of them at MuckyD's...
When we pile out of the clubs at 0300ish MuckyD's gets the trade and stays open 'til about 0400 I believe.

They aren't armed with McGuns though!

Regarding the dangers of pants (or trousers as we call them over here - pants are what I guess you call underpants)
Anyway, I have this to say:

If you take them off and intend at some point to put them back on (for example at the beach, at somebody's house, at the gym or swimming pool etc) - remember to secure them in a known location away from the opertunist who will remove them for "a laugh".
For when it comes down to it, a guy can wear only his pants (trousers) and not look a complete fool. But if your pants are stolen, damaged or wet then when you be the fool.

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
you got banned?? haha wtf

[/ QUOTE ]
The security guard let me pick up my order, and then he showed me in no uncertain terms where the door was. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
The next day, I told him it was ACCIDENTAL, and he let me back in, but he directed me to a more isolated portion of the counter area while I waited for my order. So I guess he figured these pants would rip in the "private area" too.
As for the other pants, I think I'll just get rid of them rather than trying to sew the rips up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Minjin said:
Hold on...security guard at McDonalds??

[/ QUOTE ]
The McDonald's we have at 3rd and Pike has at least one visible security guard inside any time they're open. They also used to blast this obnoxious country music out of speakers on the outside of the building to help prevent loitering and drug dealing outside. But they got rid of that a couple of years back; it was probably driving legitimate customers away as well as the crackheads.

Saaby

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
They also used to blast this obnoxious country music out of speakers on the outside of the building to help prevent loitering and drug dealing outside. But they got rid of that a couple of years back; it was probably driving legitimate customers away as well as the crackheads.

[/ QUOTE ]

They should have just replaced it with "Ba dah dot da dahhh I'm lovin it!"

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
you got banned?? haha wtf

[/ QUOTE ]
The security guard let me pick up my order, and then he showed me in no uncertain terms where the door was. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
The next day, I told him it was ACCIDENTAL, and he let me back in, but he directed me to a more isolated portion of the counter area while I waited for my order. So I guess he figured these pants would rip in the "private area" too.
As for the other pants, I think I'll just get rid of them rather than trying to sew the rips up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
lmfao! that's rich!

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ever see the movie "Something About Mary" and it's zipper scene?

GregR