Flashlight Assignments.

Swamplite

Newly Enlightened
All my flashlights now have their assigned duties.For EDC I rotate between my Fenix E12 and Olite S10-L2.The Sunwayman C22C will stay in my truck.I can't think of a better roadside emergency flashlight.For bedroom security it's the Streamlight TLR-1 attached to my Walther PPQ 9MM.The key chain gets the Nitecore Tube.I keep a Quark AA2 Pro in the motorcycle saddlebag and my Nitecore P12 for everything else.For power failures I have the USD 30-Day and Streamlight Seige lanterns.The will be no darkness in my life.Do you have flashlight assignments?

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great thread idea, thank you to the two who have shared so far!

Almost every one of my Fenix lights are in rotation; only two have permanent assignments:
E99Ti on my wife's keychain
E05SS on my keychain

Semi-permanent:
LD02 in my EDC backpack
LD02 in my wife's bag (whatever she has that day)
LD09 as my work EDC, though every once in a while I'll take the LD12 instead
E41 as my wife's light: nightstand and flashlight walks

Not assigned, but almost always used for:
E12 as non-work EDC
MC11 tends to be my nightstand light, though at any given time the E12 and/or LD12 may be there, too
TK41 comes with me on flashlight walks in my backpack in case I need its 900 lumens (it has happened)

And the rest get rotated!

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently inventoried my lights, and tried to figure out where they would work best.
I was geeking out and decided to create a worksheet : )

https://i.imgur.com/ri9REZB.png

Good lord. Here I thought I was OCD. :eek:

Take that 6P out of retirement and get a new LED drop-in for it :)

Agreed! Boo to retiring the 6P original! I find I really enjoy using a P60 incandescent lamp from time to time - you don't necessarily have to put a LED unit in it for it to be effective.

Use it to take the trash out, or check to make sure the backyard is clear of possums, or whatever. Just don't "retire" it!

filedog

Newly Enlightened
The 6P and some other Surefire parts are gone, I found out what it was worth to sell them individually : ) I got me a Solarforce LM2 (that takes 18650s, and has a forward clicky), a XM-L2 U2 4 mode drop in,
2 panny 18650s and a charger! I don't have unlimited funds for this hobby ; P The Surefire stuff is really well made, but honestly, I am impressed with the Solarforce stuff I got, especially for the price.
Having moon and low modes really makes the drop in more useful. It has a smooth hotspot, little corona and a nice tint. The Body is solid, feels well made and looks great too.

Amelia

Enlightened
Yes.
I only keep lights that I use, and I have specialized uses for each light in my "stable".

Sunwayman V11R NW, modded for 16650: Main "do everything" EDC
EagleTac D25A Ti Nichia 219: Keychain EDC
EagleTac S200C2 NW: Walking/hiking thrower
Zebralight "Hxxxw" series Headlamps: Headlamps for all purposes
Zebralight "SCxxw" series flashlights: Hiking/camping lights - compact and light weight
Thrunite TN32, Neutral White: Fun throw monster, and checking out noises in the night
Sunwayman D40A NW: Bedside light
EagleTac MX25L3C Nichia 219: Backyard/campsite high-CRI area flooder
EagleTac MX25L4C NW: Monster flooder for fun and impressing/alienating friends
Nitecore SRT3, modded for 18mm with 2 extender tubes: Ultimate multi-fuel emergency light.
Nitecore CU6 Chameleon: 365nm UV light to explore the fluorescent world!
EagleTac D25LC2 Color: Fun multi-color emitter light for mood lighting

Those cover just about everything I need a light for. :)

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, this is just my kind of thread ;)
I feel many people here that own a lot of lights will use them on rotation rather than have assigned duties for each light. I do a bit of both, but lean more towards assignments.

First my main pocket (jeans/trousers) EDC rotation - I'll pick one when leaving the apartment. All of these can be considered to be "assigned" as my primary EDC light for general use:
Nitecore EC11: Nicer in the warmer months!
Nitecore EC21: Good all-rounder
Thrunite Archer 1A V2: Another good all-rounder but lower runtime.
Thrunite T10S: Sometimes carried in addition to another, but this one also has a specific assignment - with the cone it makes a nice flood light for power outage situations!

Now onto the specific assignments. Some of these are left around in easy locations for my wife to use.
Nitecore tube: Key chain light, also considered as my emergency (all other lights fail) EDC light. My wife also has one on her keyring.
Fenix E0: Hanging off the wall in the entrance for quick grabbing if the lights go out. I should attach a trit to it.
Panasonic 5mm LED (3xAA): Breaker cupboard. Another emergency grab light for power failures.
Fenix LD40: Bedside drawer. This mostly sits dormant, but it's our "SHTF" light if we get woken up by something bad. Always loaded with fully charged eneloops.
Thrunite TN12 (neutral white): In my backpack I take to work, doubles as my walking at night outside light.
Olight S10R: Night time indoor use, e.g. going to the bathroom without causing a disturbance.

Lights that used to have assignments but no longer do, and why - ofcourse more could fit into this category but these are the ones that stand out for me:
Fenix TK20: This was my walking outside at night light due to the tint and throw. It has been replaced by the TN12 now. The whining noise it makes on high power also makes it annoying to use indoors.
Surefire A2 (white LED): This was my work light. My old job involved lots of computer repair and dealing with cables, having a dual light source light was very convenient. Retired due to me moving away from CR123A batteries.
Inova T4: I used this for walking at night regularly many years ago. It was convenient but the PWM on low was annoying.
Fenix P1D: I used to carry it all the time when I first had it. Moved away from CR123A batteries.
Fenix E01: This was on my keyring for several years, and the finish was very beaten up but it still worked perfectly. I gave it to one of my brothers when I moved out as a kind of momento.

I have other lights that don't have assignments, which means they get used for all kinds of tasks (and sometimes EDC) or are not used much at the moment.