FourSevens Atom AA issues

Terrier1

Newly Enlightened
I recently was given a FourSevens Atom AA flashlight, which I intended to use for EDC purposes. I have had two FS lights before, and have never been less than impressed with their quality/fit and finish. However, my Atom seems quite different. The threads are extremely loose, with the head exhibiting a great deal of forward and back play. This leads to the light flickering almost constantly, sometimes turning off and on when jostled around. Obviously, this are poor features for an EDC light. Did I get a lemon, or is this an issue common to this kind of light? Rather frustrated.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently was given a FourSevens Atom AA flashlight, which I intended to use for EDC purposes. I have had two FS lights before, and have never been less than impressed with their quality/fit and finish. However, my Atom seems quite different. The threads are extremely loose, with the head exhibiting a great deal of forward and back play. This leads to the light flickering almost constantly, sometimes turning off and on when jostled around. Obviously, this are poor features for an EDC light. Did I get a lemon, or is this an issue common to this kind of light? Rather frustrated.

I have not held one of these but it sounds like you are missing a washer maybe?

Anyway they are known for exceptional customer service,ask them!

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not had any quality issues with any of my 47s. It almost sounds like mismatched components. I would contact 47s and ask for a RMA for it. I don't have an Atom in my collection but your issues don't jive with 47s usual quality standards.

fordcappy

Enlightened
Pretty common, I have 5 and they all exhibit such symptoms.
They have impeccable customer service, but at the same time I have to send a light back twice before it was fixed correctly.

Last edited:

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the original Atom AA with the flood. I use mine almost every morning - the first moonlight mode. Very pleasant mule type circular beam - love it. When tightening to turn on, the first moon mode comes on, then tighten some more and you get the high. I've found that if I stop turning when moon comes on it will flicker when walking, so I just over tighten past the point when it turns on and there is no flicker. Improvise. Overcome. Adapt. __ :D

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I have five Atoms in different battery sizes and have not had any of these issues. I would contact customer service as others have suggested.