need a new light!

MrJino

Enlightened
Hello guys,
I'm in need of a new light.

Currently, i am using a fenix pd30 for hiking and camping, also walking my dog.
It is a great flashlight for my needs, however the color of the light starts to bother my eyes after about 5 minutes.
I was shown a higher end light from a buddy, it had a neutral light, and much stronger @ 500 lumens. What I liked was the color, it was like sunlight poking through a hole, not the intense blue I get from my fenix pd30. It made my fenix look bad...

Anyways, if anyone could recommend a similar sized flashlight that tales 18650 eneloops, i would be thankful!

I am considering a ready made from darksucks, but open to slightly cheaper light, though I would pay for quality.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't mind paying for quality and wants a more neutral tint, I say go for the HDS with Nichia 219 LED and an 18650 battery tube. I have that setup and it is great. Though only rated at 170 lumens, it is ample for a lot of usage which I will need to put it through.

Alternatively, a Zebralight SC600w or SC62w would be great. They run much brighter than the HDS but gets pretty hot pretty fast. I find myself usually running it in the medium output levels mainly and switching only to max for spotting.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Budget????

Look for anything with a Warm tint, say below 5000K. Also already mentioned anything with a Nichia 219 or 219B.

Welcome to the forum.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC62w 18650 Flashlight Neutral White

930 lumens

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC62w 18650 Flashlight Neutral White

930 lumens

I second the recommendation. It has a very different interface than your Fenix, but a similar size. The SC62w beat out my V11r neutral for the top spot for me.

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second the recommendation. It has a very different interface than your Fenix, but a similar size. The SC62w beat out my V11r neutral for the top spot for me.

Agreed here as well, the SC62w has a nice warm/neutral tint like you're looking for with a golden color to it, very natural and useful. You have 930 lumens turbo mode which is thermally regulated or can do the 335 lumens which lasts for 4 hours. The medium modes are very useful at night for most of the activities you mentioned and provide around 70 lumens while lasting over 30 hours at that setting. Extremely compact and good for EDC.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't mind paying for quality and wants a more neutral tint, I say go for the HDS with Nichia 219 LED and an 18650 battery tube. I have that setup and it is great. Though only rated at 170 lumens, it is ample for a lot of usage which I will need to put it through.

Alternatively, a Zebralight SC600w or SC62w would be great. They run much brighter than the HDS but gets pretty hot pretty fast. I find myself usually running it in the medium output levels mainly and switching only to max for spotting.

Missed the bottom of this. So that is 4 for Zebralight. I tend to pocket carry so the SC62w worked better for me. The SC600w is awesome if you holster or don't mind the larger head diameter in whatever way you carry. It does add additional throw.

MrJino

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply everyone!

Wow I guess sc62w seems like a really good pick, i will have to research it :)

My budget would be around 300 to 400, can't see paying any higher for a single light.

Amelia

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply everyone!

Wow I guess sc62w seems like a really good pick, i will have to research it :)

My budget would be around 300 to 400, can't see paying any higher for a single light.

For $300-$400, you could buy a small collection of really nice lights!
I second the recommendation for the SC62w - great light! Also consider the SC62d - not as bright, but it puts out really, really nice looking light that's really pleasant on the eyes.

MrJino

Enlightened
I'm putting the sc62d on hold for now, looks like a great light though.

I have made an order for qr beta copper and alpha ready made.
Both seem to be USB compatible with its batteries, which is a plus.

Accidently ordered a AA eneloop charger and batteries, does that mean I have to shop for a AA light? Lol

UBERSOLDAT

Newly Enlightened
I think in that category you will be pleasant with this all-around flashlight:

ArmyTek Prime C2 Cree XM-L2 T6 LED Warm White
LED: Cree XM-L2 LED T6, Max 975lumens Neutral White 4000k
Distance throw 180meters
Hotspot/Spill - 20/80degrees
Aircraft-grade aluminium with Type III hard anodizing 400HV
Premium Antislipping matt surface treatment
Impact Resistant TIR Optic Lens with Sapphire
6Modes - 975lm (1.5hr), 390lm (3.8hr), 185lm (9h), 32lm (48h), 1.8lm (18d), 0.2lm (100d)