Thrunite T10s switch issue

elasmonut

Newly Enlightened
About 12months ago I bought a T10s and have been very happy with it its a great little light, sleek, solid, and simple.
Recently though the little stainless clicky tailswitch has started playing up, when depressed it "clicks" but doesn't seem to spring back up leaving the switch rattly and loose, but mainly the light wont come on, I assume the switch has to be "up" to complete the circuit. I've heard that Thrunites customer service can be a bit hit and miss, in fact I had trouble just getting this light from the dealer in Australia, so I'm reluctant to send it back if the problem is a simple fix
So I guess my main question is how do I get the switch out to fiddle with it? , it doesn't feel broken just "stuck", but it looks like I need a special little four pin tool to unscrew the switch housing.
Any advice, tips, hints , or pics would be much appreciated as I really like this light (it matches my Kershaw composite blade Leek just nicely) and would like to see it return to my EDC rotation.

elasmonut

Newly Enlightened
About 12months ago I bought a T10s and have been very happy with it its a great little light, sleek, solid, and simple.
Recently though the little stainless clicky tailswitch has started playing up, when depressed it "clicks" but doesn't seem to spring back up leaving the switch rattly and loose, but mainly the light wont come on, I assume the switch has to be "up" to complete the circuit. I've heard that Thrunites customer service can be a bit hit and miss, in fact I had trouble just getting this light from the dealer in Australia, so I'm reluctant to send it back if the problem is a simple fix
So I guess my main question is how do I get the switch out to fiddle with it? , it doesn't feel broken just "stuck", but it looks like I need a special little four pin tool to unscrew the switch housing.
Any advice, tips, hints , or pics would be much appreciated as I really like this light (it matches my Kershaw composite blade Leek just nicely) and would like to see it return to my EDC rotation.

Alright guys I fixed it Yay! I apologize in advance for not bein able to post pics but its pretty easy. To unscrew the little switch housing you need a small pair of pliers, someone on another site said sidekick pliers will work, but I dug out a little mini pair(bout 3") with round tapered jaws like two tapered bits of rod forming the jaws(dunno what they're really called) and they fit in the funny little slots just nicely. Then unscrewed the housing a bent out the little steel tabs on the plastic housing of the switch, screwed back together with my weird little pliers and Yay! it works again. I would reccomend anyone thinking of trying Thrunites seemingly hit n miss warranty service try this first, if your confident you can dismantle and reassamble a normal flashlight or folding knife then give it a go, I just saved myself $50 and a whole lot of stress.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the info.

I think newer T10s that are sold come with a spare switch, atleast my T10S and T10 both came with one in the tin. I think that is very kind of the manufacturer for a light that is marketed for EDC (meaning a lot of switch cycling).

elasmonut

Newly Enlightened
That is pretty good, but having bought mine awhile ago, It had the lamp thingy, some O rings and spare clip screws, but no switch.Very simple fix though.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not contact Thrunite and ask about a spare switch if this happens again? It's only a small part and you would not need to send the light to them!