Arc LSH single AA tail question

CLBME

Enlightened
For any Arc fans I have a question:

I recently acquired both a fatty and slim single AA tail for the Arc LSH models. From what I could learn via a Google search it seems that these only worked with the Arc first-run models? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have an AA body. They worked with the first runs that used voltage regulation. The light was fairly dim with an AA. My first run is not working.

Bill

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey how did your Arc build turn out? I've been wondering. Did you get that triple in there? Pics, thoughts, comments???? :popcorn:

CLBME

Enlightened
Good morning N! I hope you're well? Thanks for checking in. It turns out we are in the same boat. While the light engine is awesome it doesn't fit in my Arc either. In mine the clicky body is not able to screw all the way down, leaving the o-ring exposed. (I didn't ask you in what dimension it didn't fit your light.) The triple is taller than the original module when measured with my calipers. I have been in touch with D who will be making me a shorter module once he is back from work. I ended up buying another Arc from Rage Cage and some extra parts (hence this thread) to see if it would fit in another light, but I haven't gotten that far yet. I'll let you know if the second set up works when I get the module out. They are a bit of a bugger if you haven't tried.

Cheers!
Hey how did your Arc build turn out? I've been wondering. Did you get that triple in there? Pics, thoughts, comments???? :popcorn:

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Whoops missed this, sorry.

The light engines did not fit in mine at all as the threads were different.

I kinda feel bad having roped Derek into this project that hasn't gone well at all. He still has my lights and wants to build engines for them but will need to have different cans machined for the First Run lights. It's a real production and investment. I don't know what to do either. It's totally not his fault but I don't know if I should keep bothering him.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
For any Arc fans I have a question:

I recently acquired both a fatty and slim single AA tail for the Arc LSH models. From what I could learn via a Google search it seems that these only worked with the Arc first-run models? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

My 1xAA tube works with the four Arc LS lights that I have: two First Runs, an LS1, and an LSH-P. Output is a little diminished on all of them, compared to their performance with a 3v cell, but not bad, except in the case of one of the First Run lights, which is really dim, as Bill described above.