Fenix ld60 vs tk75

Blglover96

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a good light for night hikes. I Know the ld60 and the tk75 are both good in their own but which one would be better? The tk75 throws further than the ld60 but I don't know if I need 2200 feet of throw. I'd probably be looking for UI and which one has the least little bugs effecting the lights quality. I've heard the ld60 has a little flicker to it sometimes and the tk75 has been around for awhile. If any of you guys know the lights or own them, please help me out!! Thanks

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tk75 has been around for more than 4 years. One factory upgrade to 2900 lumens. Has the ability to accept extended run time kit that more than doubles time.
Ld60 only uses 3 cells, no extended run time kit and uses springs as both negative and positive contacts. Somewhat confusing battery insertion.

Ld60 is a couple inches shorter than Tk75 and smaller in diameter. Ld60, $150 retail, Tk75, $200 retail.

I've got two Tk75s, no Ld60. I also have the Ld75c which I'm still not totally sold on yet.

I like the TK75 both in stock and Vinh modified forms.

swan

Banned
I think TK75 is one of, if not the best, all rounders available. I think the tk75 15 minute turbo and thermal mass makes it more desirable for longer hikes, mine has been faultless and still impresses every time i use it.

Last edited:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TK75 and have used a family member's LD60, so I'm familiar with both. Both lights are really nice in their own way. The TK75 has the output and runtime, whereas the LD60 is far more compact and doesn't use a battery magazine (which I like).

If you're not sure you need all the output or throw of the TK75, how about runtime? For hiking, you might prefer the size and weight of the LD60. Another cool think about the LD60, is that each LED has its own 18650 and circuit to power it. You can insert just one cell and it will light up just one of the emitters (or 2 or 3 depending on how many you insert into the light). This probably makes it safer from a lithium ion standpoint as well. It's basically three single cell lights in one.

I didn't notice any flicker from the LD60 on any modes, but I don't think I'm one who is very sensitive to PWM. I did find that I preferred the UI of the TK75.

You really can't go wrong with either, IMO.

Last edited:

Blglover96

Newly Enlightened
Got my tk75 In the mail just now, charging up the batteries. Can't wait to go on a hike tonight

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enjoy! The TK75 is one if my favorite lights, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. :)