Sky Lumen        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foursevens Brass lights! MMR-X and ML-X available now!

Default Foursevens Brass lights! MMR-X and ML-X available now!

We are proud to introduce our newest lights! A Brass version of our MMR-X and our ML-X.

They are available at Bestmade and Foursevens.

http://www.foursevens.com/product_in...oducts_id=3315

Default Re: Foursevens Brass lights! MMR-X and ML-X available now!

No clip?

And proud you should be. They're stunning!

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Very beautiful lights...

Received my Brass ML-X today. Very nice finish, high quality all around, good tint. Good job on these : )

Quote Originally Posted by Thud1023 View Post
    Received my Brass ML-X today. Very nice finish, high quality all around, good tint. Good job on these : )
    I've asked before with no luck. Do they have a clip?

No clip, come with lanyard though.

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    No clip?
    I've asked before with no luck. Do they have a clip?
    What do you know?!! When you take the time to formulate a complet question, you receive an answer.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Flashaholic*

They're nice looking lights, but I just don't get why 4sevens refuses to use neutral LEDs in their premium-priced lights. (I get why they don't want to use them in their standard lights that are sold to the mass-market.) Joe Sixpack isn't buying a brass light, which is twice the price of the standard aluminum version. People who care about lights are buying these kinds of lights, and they're the ones that are more likely to want a premium tint.

I pocket carry so clip is essential. Thanks so much for saving me a returned item. Would have grabbed it with a clip.

You wouldn't want it with a clip, it is somewhat heavier than the aluminium version.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    They're nice looking lights, but I just don't get why 4sevens refuses to use neutral LEDs in their premium-priced lights. (I get why they don't want to use them in their standard lights that are sold to the mass-market.) Joe Sixpack isn't buying a brass light, which is twice the price of the standard aluminum version. People who care about lights are buying these kinds of lights, and they're the ones that are more likely to want a premium tint.
    Consider Boaters. Their not necessarily flashaholics and therefore don't care about tint, but being able to afford a boat easily qualifies them as someone that might purchase a brass flashlight.

~ Chance

Quote Originally Posted by 4sevens View Post
    You wouldn't want it with a clip, it is somewhat heavier than the aluminium version.
    Unless someone wants to wear their brass light on the outside of their pants. You know, as bling.

~ Chance

Quote Originally Posted by 4sevens View Post
    Thanks for your reply! I pocket carry so if brass is too heavy for clip I cannot carry it. Maybe a clip for a smaller brass light?

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Why no clip? There appears to be an area machined on the light which is a flat strip where a clip would go.

It seems as if the clip was cancelled at some product manager meeting. I am not a fan of product management at all, the old R & D system left people alone more.

For me, that light is useless with no clip, you need a clip to hold the light at the top of your pocket. There is no way I am dropping a heavy two cell brass light in my pocket and have to fish for it in a hurry.

And the clip could not add that much weight - it needs a clip regardless of weight!

Nice light, but I have to pass. If you are not going to add a clip, then machine the ugly flat strip out and knurl it all the way around.

You know, one of your most important claims that you stated about your lights was it started with the clip

good luck, I would love one...with a clip!

NR
    Last edited by RedLed; 06-05-2015 at 03:39 PM.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedLed View Post
    Why no clip? There appears to be an area machined on the light which is a flat strip where a clip would go.

It seems as the clip was cancelled at some product manager meeting. I am not a fan of product management at all, the old R & D system left people alone more.

For me, that light is useless with no clip, you need a clip to hold the light at the top of your pocket. There is no way I am dropping a heavy two cell brass light in my pocket and have to fish for it in a hurry.

And the clip could not add that much weight - it needs a clip regardless of weight!

Nice light, but I have to pass. If you are not going to add a clip, then machine the ugly flat strip out and knurl it all the way around.

You know, one of your most important claims that you stated about your lights was it started with the clip.

good luck, I would love one...with a clip!

NR
    +1

+1
    Also if some feel to it is too heavy, they can simply remove it.

There some people who remove clips on their McGizmos....I have no idea why you would even consider removing the best clip in the world, holds your light in place, light always ready to deploy - yet they do,

So, Foursevens make a clip, you are good at that, too, then if the user wants to remove it they can. Still I believe most do want a light like this brass model to have a clip option.
    Last edited by RedLed; 06-05-2015 at 03:49 PM.

+1
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Consider Boaters. Their not necessarily flashaholics and therefore don't care about tint, but being able to afford a boat easily qualifies them as someone that might purchase a brass flashlight.

~ Chance
    Quite true, CG, and I am certain they would want a clip, that would be considered an emergency item.

Think about this way: a sailor first would want a clip so the light does not go overboard and if a man over board at night, would certainly want a clip on a quality light like your new brass model, to signal his position to the Captain and crew.

Please add the clip!!!

In the Redwoods just North of the Golden Gate

Every light should come with a removable clip. Any chance of this in copper? I love the earthy feel of copper. Brass is a bit too much bling for me.
    Last edited by campingnut; 06-22-2015 at 01:56 AM.

These look nice, but I can't see any mention of what bin and tint the LED is. Nor can I see any option for selecting a Neutral White emitter.

Surely if Convoy can give me a choice of at least 5 different emitters and declare what bin and tint they are and free shipping on a $15-20 light. Then FourSevens must be able to at least offer a choice of CW or NW on a $100-170 light???

I'm as much Magaholic as flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by RedLed View Post
    Also if some feel to it is too heavy, they can simply remove it.
    I am quite sure what he meant was the LIGHT is rather heavy, and was a bit much to have pulling down on the edge of your pocket from a clip. Not that the clip was heavy.

It would have to be pretty heavy to pull on my jeans pocket.

The "Included Accessories" section of the "Specifications" section of the product
    page at http://www.foursevens.com/product_in...oducts_id=3315
    says that the brass MMR-X has a flat black bezel. Is this a mistake? Since
    many people will buy the brass MMR-X for its appearance, they might be
    curious if the flat bezel will be made of brass, or if it will be the flat black
    bezel that is included in the regular version of the MMR-X. Does anyone
    know the color of the flat bezel that is included with this light, and does
    anyone know if it is made of brass?
    Also, is the crenulated bezel made of brass, or is it a tinted version of
    the stainless steel bezel from the regular version of the MMR-X?
    Thanks in advance for any feedback.

The brass version looks nice, but it is 7.69 ounces and the regular
    aluminum version weighs 3.26 ounces (according to the FourSevens
    website), which means that the brass version is more than twice as
    heavy as the aluminum version.
    Last edited by http2; 06-24-2015 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Typo fixed.

Foursevens target audience is boaters?

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I am quite sure what he meant was the LIGHT is rather heavy, and was a bit much to have pulling down on the edge of your pocket from a clip. Not that the clip was heavy.
    It may be called a "Pocket Clip," however, there are many, many places other than a pocket you can clip a light.

Really, this light needs a clip, and it will keep some from making an investment in this otherwise nice light. Their mission statement speaks of clips as one of their hallmarks of their light design, and production.
    Last edited by RedLed; 06-26-2015 at 10:19 AM.

those brass lights are sweet!

[QUOTE=Hondo;4676946]I am quite sure what he meant was the LIGHT is rather heavy, and was a bit much to have pulling down on the edge of your pocket from a clip. Not that the clip was heavy.[/QUOTE
    Light needs a clip regardless of translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryp View Post

Ryp, FIRST! Good find.

~ Chance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast